20: Cupcake War

A/N: Helloooo . I'm once again distracted from writing. Recently, I started to watch Pretty Little Liars and I'm hooked. That's my excuse if the writing's sloppy or late. Blame that. Aha, anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying the book so far. ITS CHAPTER 2O CAN YOU BELIEVE IT OH MY LORD? There's not much else to say, so bye!

-/-///-//-/-//-/-

Jake's POV: Chapter 20: Cupcake War

"I'm glad we're doing this." I said to Amy, purposely smiling to flash my teeth. I didn't spend two years with braces for nothing! Plus, she basically melts when I smile at her.

"Why?" She answered curiously, as she put the key inside of the door.

"Because Ticarra hardly knows me." I lied, pushing the handle.

"Liar. Spill it." She laughed. I've got to admit though, she had a smile to die for too.

"You got me!" I stated bluntly, rolling my eyes, sarcastically, "No, I was thinking about the story of your dad, and I decided that seeing as though you are basically head over heels for your stunning next door neighbour-"

"Likewise." She dryly stated, rolling her eyes in return.

"Let me finish!" I chuckled, "Well, soon you will have begged us to be together and I gathered that when that time comes, I'll be seeing Ticarra a whole lot more and she's never had a supportive male character, so that's what I'm going to be."

Her eyes lit up. Dammit, I loved the way her eyes sparkled and widened when she's shocked; the cutest thing about it is that she's never noticed these little things about her that are freaking adorable. Not like I'd ever give her the benefit of the compliment. Jerk? Nope. Fear of looking whipped? Yes. I'm still holding onto that. But eventually she'll crumble, beg for a relationship and I'll have an excuse to be such a big heart. In the meantime, I figured out what I'm going to do with her diary- write in it! By that I mean everyday, I'll write something new I noticed and really like about Amy. When I give it her back, she'll literally love me forever. She secretly loves soppy gestures like that. God, if anybody ever found that diary, I'd be screwed. She just thinks I have a little crush. She doesn't know I observe and become fascinated by every little detail of how she talks, looks, walks... everything. Anyway, there's not just the sparkling eyes she gets when she's shocked. There is so much more like the way she sways her hips a little when she walks away from an argument- probably a dominance thing. There's the way her cheeks flush when I compliment her. The way she furrows her eyebrows when one of my sarcastic comments get on her nerves, but then the way she'll go back to normal, make me some pancakes and tease me about how I can't make them- That's our signature thing. Pancakes.

"I'm going to ignore how actually sweet and sensitive the majority of that sentence was and jump straight back to the part where you said I'd be begging for you to go out with me."

"You know it's true."

"You know you're delusional?" She smirked, again furrowing her eyebrows.

"How about we settle this with an agreement, Princess?" I smiled, as I took off my Chuck Taylor's and waltzed into the lounge, "Whoever cracks first- By whoever, I mean you. Well, when whoever cracks, they have to beg to be with the other, like on their hands and knees, praying."

"What makes you think I'll crack, Jake?" She grinned in a whisper, growing closer and closer to me until she leant up. She was on her tiptoes and her chest was pressed against mine. I held my breath, as it shook unsteadily. I could feel the light puffs of breath from her on the tip of my chin. I hated this feeling. The feeling where I had tingles running through my bloodstream and was internally blushing. Wasn't that a girl thing, or just a side-effect of feelings? I wasn't used to it, you see.