35: Pretty Spunky

Chapter 35: Amy's POV: Pretty Spunky

--//-///---/---//--///---//-//--///--//---/--///

The following statement comes from deep within me as a sign of great dismay and a signal that I may be battling inner depression at it's worst.

School starts today.

The very last year of my high school experience was beginning on this very day, which I suppose must entail some form of mild excitement within itself. And drama- lots of drama. I was awaiting the sinister death glares and evil schemes against me, when every girl saw me walking around with Jake Hunter.

All of them thinking, 'Who the heck is she?'.

And the most amusing part about it, is that I couldn't care any less about what anybody thought about me. I knew who I was, just about, and I didn't need any clarification from an army of 'jakianators'.

After my mum picked Jake and I up from Zac's disastrous 'get-together', Jake went straight home, and I got into a hot shower, before curling up under my duvets, drifting into a relaxed sleep.

I was woke by the horrifying noise of my alarm clock at 6am. Morning's were so not my thing.

It took some coming around, but once I'd accumulated sufficient amounts of energy to physically move, I slowly made my way downstairs, where my mum was stood cooking in the kitchen.

"Good morning, sweet pea." She greeted me lovingly, pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"Morning." I grunted, half-asleep, "Why're you making breakfast?"

"I woke up pretty early, and it's your first day back of a very important year, so you need a proper start to the day."

Since when had my mother been so... Productive?

I shrugged it off, because she was offering me food, and I was in no position to deny the pleasures of my mother's breakfasts.

"I won't say no to that."

She grinned, bringing a plate my way.

"On the menu for today. We have egg whites with tomato and fresh basil on toast!" Mum clapped, proudly lowering her creations onto the table, which I gladly took a seat at.

"Sounds fancy." I chuckled, picking up a fork.

Muesli was about as extraordinary as the breakfasts generally escalated to in this house.

"And I would love to stay and chat about how delicious it is, but I have school to get ready for." I smiled, whisking my plate back off of the table and prodding back to my room, where I quickly finished my food and selected an outfit.

The sunny weather was no longer existent, so summer clothes were definitely not an option for me. Instead, I decided to go with a very simple pair of black skinny high-waist jeans, with a minimalistic shirt tucked in loosely. I also kept the makeup on the down-low, because I was pretty confident with the way I looked, and going overboard for school was considered trashy.

I was quite quick at getting ready in a morning, to say how lifeless I felt.

I had to be out of the doors and on my way to school for around half past seven, and Jake was my ride, even though his arm was nowhere near recovery yet. It was either that or take the bus, and I'm more than happy to miss out on the tight, sweaty space, crammed with teenagers that smell a horrifying mixture of cheap cologne and intense bio.