16: House Party

A/N: I can't believe we're onto chapter 16 already! It's going so quickly. You guys wanting a sequel? A series of these books were suggested to me, but I'm not too fond on writing a collection of them, I think everything that needs to be said can be written in two books maximum. This chapter isn't going to be as good as I hoped, I've tried writing it about four times over and over. Turns out I'm not that great at parties.

--/--///--//-/--/--///--//---/-//

Chapter Sixteen: Amelia's POV: House Party.

This was a bad idea. A really stupid bad idea. My stomach was twisted and tied into so many knots and tangles, my breathing was unsteady and short. How could I agree to something, when I had no idea what I was getting into? Everybody else in the car seemed as cool as a cucumber and totally relaxed, but I couldn't control the anxiety growing bigger every second inside of me. We were only on our drive to a party, not a mass-murderer's dungeon, but at that moment, I couldn't honestly see any difference between the two situations- both terrifying. I'd do anything to be back at home, taking a piping hot bath and watching netflix, but instead, I was in the back of a car, being whisked away to my first ever house party. Great. Now I'm jealous of a long-lost fantasy.

"Amy, you look absolutely petrified." Leila said with a hint of concern, stating the obvious.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. There won't be too many people, I don't think. Besides, you've got all of your friends here." Jake smiled reassuringly.

Despite their efforts, I wasn't convinced. I knew that no matter how small Jake insisted the party was going to be, it would still be too much for me. I mean come on, we weren't even there yet and I was hyperventilating. I had a tight feeling of nausea eating me alive.

"Guys, this isn't a good idea for me." I whimpered, shaking a little.

"Don't be silly, you're just a little scared. It is a lot to take in I guess, but nothing you can't handle." Jake nodded, taking my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze, as I felt the motion of the vehicle grow slower and slower until it eventually came to a gradual hault. Without even glancing out of the window, I knew we'd arrived, as I could hear muffled music and shouting from all these yards away. This was it, this was my first ever house party.

I pushed open the back door of the car, whilst clinging to Jake's arm apprehensively, as the bitter evening wind bit into my bare legs and face. As I stepped out of the car, I saw a mass of beer bottles and paper cups strewn across the lawn along with confetti and party poppers and silly-string and tons and tons of half-lit cigarettes. In clusters, sweaty, intoxicated people were gathered around outside, vomitting behind a plant pot, fighting, violently making out, stumbling everywhere or simply just passed out in the grass. I took a deep breath and walked forwards, through the huddles of people up to the door, which was held wide open, leading into a world of drunk, perspired teenagers, stammering across the room with cans and glasses in their hands. The room was packed-full. It was dark and inky, yet blaring with flashing neon strobe lights from every other direction. My breath was quick. The house was super hot, and stuffy- almost suffocating. My ears immediately ached at the hardcore bass tunes blasting from the speakers as the incapable kids shouted and screamed to eachother over the top of it, while either dancing, kissing or all of the previously mentioned.

I felt drowned in the whole scene.

"Remember your promise!" I yelled shakily over the booming sound into Jake's ear.

"I will!" He cried in return, grabbing my arm tight, as he dragged me through the swarming crowds.

My chest couldn't have been any tighter. I'd never been claustrophobic in my entire life, but I think today would be the day that changed, as I was enclosed by bodies upon bodies. I glanced behind my shoulder to see if Leila was anywhere to be seen (which she unfortunately wasn't), because as much as I hated to admit it, I didn't trust Jake right here, right now- a party was his weak spot; under the influence of drink, stripping girls all over him, plenty of opportunities to do something he might regret. I didn't have my hopes up. He suddenly stopped barging through the mass of people and came to a slow stop in front of a rather large table- of drinks. I hadn't even thought about the drinking situation up until now. What was I meant to do? Everybody else would be sipping away all night with ease and no problem, but I hated alcohol. The taste of it, the idea of not being able to control yourself, the overall alcohol thing was not my thing. I tried to scan the table quickly for maybe a lemonade or a fruit-juice of some sort- not happening. I'd have to grin and bear it.