23: Anonymous

A/N: can we all take a moment to appreciate the new amazing cover for He's My Neighbour? So many thanks to morecottoncandy ! It's perfect. Anyway, I'm running dry on filler chapters, so bare with me, because I'm finding it a little difficult to keep up. I feel like I keep doing Amy and Jake's POV, but if you'd like to see any others then let me know.

--//--//-///--/--/--///--//-///---/-///-/

Chapter 23: Amy's POV: Anonymous

It had been a good few days and Jake and I were still held hostage in my Gran's home; don't get me wrong, her house is lovely! Cosy, smells like a delicious mixture of Cinamon and peppermint, and is filled to the brim with hanging pictures of the family. And for the record, her cooking at meal times was a huge upgrade from constant take-out pizzas we'd be eating right now if it wasn't for her. However, besides the exception of picking up a pint of milk from the corner shop, a little bit of freaking oxygen would be appreciated. For four days, Jake and I had literally only been allowed outside of the gate if Grandma needed a grocery item or something. Even then, we weren't able to go together, in case we caused 'mischief'. It sucks too, because the weather is luscious! Sure, I can chill out in the front garden to the pure tranquility of roaring vehicle engines (note the sarcasm), but I would sooner try to get a little colour down by the beach. What I'm trying to say is that it's embarrassing when your little sister is more trusted than you are.

By the looks of things, Jake and I were on similar wave-lengths... The both of us wanted out of the house, but we were going different ways about it. Me for example, lounging around, waiting for the extravagant news to be delivered right to me. My Gran was like me in a lot of ways; she had a tender side, and naturally mature enough to take on the role of caring for two pain-in-ass teenagers. But then again, (like me), she was as blunt as a seventy year old knife. Stern, to say the least. And boy, once her decision was made, not even God could change it. But by the looks of things, Jake clearly thought he was a miracle worker.

"Mrs Dakin-"

"Please, sit down and watch television with Amy. My answer is no, Jacob!" My Grandma insisted, making me choke on my water with a laugh. She liked to act as physically formal as possible, and whenever she called him 'Jacob' just set me off to hysterics.

"My name isn't Jacob."

"It is in this house, don't forget who's paying for your lawyer!"

The boys had emailed him to see if he'd want to go bowling for a chance to get together, but by the looks of the conversation going down in the hallway, the likeliness of that happening wasn't too strong. If either of us were caught doing anything even remotely suspicious, our case would be ten times worse and we'd need to pay even more for a better lawyer- well, my Grandma would. That's all the company we can get at the moment- officers, attorneys, legal advisors, lawyers and each other. The body hasn't been found yet, so I'm still hanging on. No body? No proof. We had to keep it that way.

"I appreciate it ma'am, but my friends-"

"No."

"You didn't even hear me out?" Jake cried, waving his arms like something completely off of their head.

My Grandma was persistent, and always right.

Jake had no chance.

"I've heard enough Jacob. Sit. I'll make some lasagne."

Jake sighed, running his fingers through his quiff and walking over towards where I was sitting with a face like a wet day. We both wanted to leave as much as each other, and there was no chance we could survive another "accidentally walking into the bathroom while the other's showering" incident. And while I did want Jake for myself, I was craving different company just as much as him.