38: I've Waited So Long

A/N: Guys, this is a slightly longer chapter that comes up to over 3000 words, which is a lot in comparison to the other chapters in my book. I have spent a long time on this chapter and I KNOWWW you've all been waiting for it. This chapter IS NOT one to be missed, so I really really recommend you read it, as its one of my favourite chapters in the entire book. We've all been waiting for this chapter since the start of the book. Please enjoy and it would mean so much to me if you could be kind enough to vote or comment. I hope this makes up for the lack of updates. Thankyou guys, I love you.

Amy's POV: Chapter 38: I've Waited So Long

I returned to school as normal the next day, the day after that, and Friday. Thankfully, those three days ran smoothly as ever. Granted, I received one or two death-glances, but I just shook them off easily; they didn't bother me. I think finally people have begun coming to terms with the idea of Jake and I being a something, despite how unpredictable it was for everyone. The 'Jakianators' had cooled their hot-heads, and were a lot less explosive at me and a lot less desperate for Jake's attention. All of this put me in a really great mood for the weekend. The first week of school was out of the way, and along the way, I was handed some fantastic news about Sam. My heart actually jumped for excitement when I discovered that Jake and I were going to be okay, and not have to stand in court. After all of the worrying, it really was such a relief to be free. I've always sworn to myself to be as unlike my father as I possibly could. I wouldn't be manipulative, I wouldn't be a liar, and I most certainly wouldn't end up with a criminal record. So, being in that cell and being in a state of uncertainty as to whether I will end up breaking the vow I made to myself or not, really did shit me up. But it's over. I have nothing to worry about.

Today was Saturday and Jake had announced that he was going out with Caleb, Zac and (to his dismay) Tyler for an all guy's hang-out session with barbecue pork ribs and Fifa 15, because apparently that was so much more fun than Fifa 16. He didn't spare me the details.

I'd taken this opportunity to call up Leila. As much as I adored Jake, he was a burden when it came to mine and Leila's friendship. We were both happy, though. I wouldn't say we have grown apart, because I knew fully well that we're still just as connected by heart as we were a few months ago, it's just we don't see each other in person as often. For the first time in a long time, we didn't desperately lean on one another as if our lives depended on it. I was always the shy friend, who needed her as a human body shield to protect me through life, and was the fun of the friendship, but I'd always be there to steer her in the correct direction. Now, she had Zac to fulfil my role, and I had Jake. I didn't mind.

"I've missed you!" I smiled, as she walked through my door.

"It's only been a few days, Amy." She scoffed, pulling me in for a hug.

The nostalgic honey scent of her brown locks filled my senses, and I breathed it in merrily.

"Being around four boys doesn't count." I laughed, pulling away. "I've missed you."

"In that case, I've missed you too."

I chuckled slightly and checked the time on my phone, dwindling in my hands awkwardly. I quickly unlocked it to check the time.

"It's only noon, what do you want to do?" I asked.

She had a playful look in her eyes and a smile on her face, showing she was up to something. She was always scheming, always one step ahead, but it didn't take very long to persuade her to enlighten me on what she was so pumped about.