2: I'm Jake

A/N: I'm so tired, but I'm bored so sorry if this chapters a little sketchy😕
-------

Amelia: Chapter 1: I'm Jake

I pushed back in horror, shielding my face with my hands, petrified.

What do you do in this sort of situation?

Scream?

Punch them?

Run?

None of the above. You pretend that if your eyes meet with theirs then it's game over.

"If you don't get out, Im calling the cops!" I yelled, still refusing to lay my eyes on the intruder, if I allowed myself to, I might've just died of embarrassment.

There was a low little chuckle and despite my pupils being covered with my palms, I could sense a sarcastic smirk behind that laugh. A classic boyish laugh. However, there was no laughing matter! You can't just walk into a random house for the sake of it; murderers could be hiding somewhere in one.

Either murderers or just arrogant teenage boys.

"That would be funny." He continued to laugh, what a jerk. I mean, it's one thing to enter a house that doesn't belong to you, but then it's another to think it's "cool". Society. I don't know whether I was born in the wrong generation, but my mother certainly raised me better than to be so rude. First, it was the vehicle, which I'd assume was probably his beaten up ride if it wasn't for the fact that I could still slightly hear the screeching in the back of my head now. Then, I jump through a window at stupid o'clock. Now, I'm in the presence of a dickhead who is yet to be revealed. Wow, could my morning get any better? I had to admit though, his voice was super calm, sort of refreshing actually; one of those voices you could listen to all day everyday if he talked any sense.

"Princess you can take your hands away, I'm not going to kill you!" He protested in a sweet voice, as I shuddered at the word 'kill'. My past wasn't clear. Slight things like that word triggered my imagination, but hesitantly, I removed my hands anyway.

And thank Jesus I did.

I unmasked my face to see a tall, toned, teenage boy standing there- probably my age at a guess. He had thick dark hair fluffed into a small quiff, which practically had more structure than my life, to be frank. Also, he had large milky brown eyes with long black lashes.

Bloody hell.

If you mixed heaven with Greek God, I don't think that would even come into comparison with this boy. You slit a finger with his sharp defined bone structure, which was making me melt already. All the boys at my school were not anywhere near average really, so this was almost the same as being dazzled when a car has it's headlights on high-beam, because let me tell you, this boy looked high-beam. I could feel my stomach sinking and a lump building in my throat. I wasn't expecting to see such a freaking sight. I should've prepared myself. To add to everything, his voice matched perfectly with his appearance... Angelic. It was so relaxing and enticing.

I couldn't help but stare.

"If you're done checking me out, you can tell me your name?" The brunette boy smirked, staring me up and down, as I fiddled with a loose strand of my hair and totally choked on my on saliva. I guess I might've been checking him out, but not purposely... he just had features like an angel alright? It was like if a galaxy chocolate bar could be a person, it would be him. If you've ever tried one, then you'll understand completely what I mean.

"I wasn't checking you out hot-stuff," I barked, sarcastically, "I was analysing you so I can give the cops a good description when I turn you in for trespassing."

I tried to erase the slight attraction I had towards him. However, he was doing that job quite decently himself. With every word he said, I was more and more repelled. The best-looking guys always have the worst attitudes and you can quote me on that.

"Seriously princess, hypocrite much?" He smiled, winking flirtatiously, which kind of set free a few butterflies in my stomach, but he was not to know that for sure, so I just kept to retaliating.

Also, what was with the word 'Princess'? He'd known me for two seconds and was already treating me like a God Damn slave or something with a name fit for a drag queen.

"I live next door!" I cried in my defence. Some people jump to conclusions, it's ridiculous. To call me hypocrite too? I suppose I shouldn't have been there, but I lived less than a yard away.

"I live here.." He trailed.

Then again, I have always been a hypocrite.

Oh shit.

My jaw dropped to the floor, and my cheeks flushed Crimson red. Suddenly, I became fidgety, as I observed my surroundings- sofa, television, picture frame with his and a few other unrecognisable faces on it and about half a dozen boxes with varied labels on them.

How did I not notice them?

Oh, yeah Amelia, because of his face.

He didn't speak any crap, somebody definitely lived here, and embarrassingly, it was him.

How stupid can one girl be?

Don't answer that.

"..And if you still want to call the police, on your hot, sexy, charming neighbour, be my guest."

He wasn't lying he was all of those things, but right then, all I wanted was to run away back into my bed and crawl under my covers. I'd completely made myself look like such a twat in front of this piece of dreamy shit. First impressions can't be too important, can they? Let's hope not, because this one is the worst.

Even if I made myself look bad, his personality stank worse than my Gran's lasagne when it had been left on the side for over a week without a lid.

"Don't be ridiculous. I need to go. And just for the record, you're a dick." I spat, head hung low with awkwardness, walking towards the front door, which I was praying wasn't locked. I could just imagine if it was, I'd be stood there in my awkward prime, just adding on top of the awkward, so I was literally oozing awkward. As I turned the handle, I shot my gaze back to his.

"I never got your name?"

"It's Amelia." I muttered out loud, while he nodded and raised an eyebrow- did I mention how good his eyebrows were for a guy's? They were very much on fleek, possibly better than mine, but let's not discuss that.

"By that, you mean we'll be seeing each other again, Amy?" He grinned to himself, testing out the name, and altering it. He said it really nicely in his cool voice. I don't think my name has ever sounded that good before.

"Please," I scoffed teasingly, "don't get ahead of yourself pretty-boy."

"So now you've admitted I'm handsome? I've got to admit, I've always had this instant effect on girls."

"Listen, I'm not like other girls, I don't find you attractive, I find you a piece of work, who is completely up his own ass. Learn what a figure of speech is next time, um.. Whatever your name is?" I retorted, making my second attempt to turn the door knob, as he rolled his eyes in disbelief.

The door finally clicked open and I was just about to take my next step to freedom, when...

"Wait!" He shouted.

"What?" I hissed.

"I'm Jake..."

Jake. Not too bad.

A/N: how was it? Comment and vote pleasee. shout out to iIzyg0409 !! And ellihoran19 !! Go check them out.. Vote and shizzle, leave book suggestions byeeee!