21: Over The Edge

A/N: sorry for not updating a lot recently, in the school break I'll try a lot harder! It starts next week so hopefully you know I'll be bursting with ideas. I have no idea, ok but I can try. So Jake and Leila are back together as annoying next door neighbours omg the feels rn! Chapter 21 it's going so quicklyyyyyyy..

Vote for this chapter and I'll do shout outs for those who do! This is a dramatic scene, I just felt like it, because 21 right?! ;)

-//-///-/-///-//-/-///-//-/

Chapter 21: Amy's POV: Over The Edge

My mum is going to shoot me. She will actually take a gun and point it at my head, pull the trigger, then drag my body into a flaming pit of lava, because I'm a disgrace to the family. They're on the phone to my Grandma at this very moment. My hands are trembling and I'm pretty sure my face is puffing and my eyes are red and swollen. I'm not ever going to forget that moment... Well, the fraction of it I saw. This is what happens when the good girl gets involved with the bad boy. I can't blame it on Jake, he was trying to protect me from him. It was an accident. Never the less, I've never been as terrified in my entire lifetime. Staring at the grey brick walls, my lungs scrounging to find enough oxygen to keep in time with my heart beating a thousand times per second, I kept hold of Jake, gripping his hand as tight as I could. I couldn't talk, I could hardly breathe. My sight was blurred, and I was praying to God that my Grandma would not answer the phone, and one of Jake's relative could be contacted instead.

"J-Jake." I managed to get out in a whisper.

"Shh. It wasn't your fault..." He soothed, stroking my shaking fingers.

"Jake, t-this won't look good on me." I said, panic rushing through my voice.

"You have a perfect reputation, Amelia. Look at me." He said sternly with a serious face, "You did nothing to get in trouble and you will not get into trouble for this. If anybody does, it will be me."

"N-no! Don't you think there's some connection, here?!" I sobbed in terror, "My dad was a murderer Jake! Now this? This will look worse on me than any one of us. My dad is in prison now! He killed people. Killed them. Look at what has happened and look me in the eyes and tell me there is no link!"

He just remained silent.

His heavenly brown orbs had turned cold and dry, his smooth olive complexion now pale and ghostly. I could sense the fear running through me, out of the tips of my fingers, straight into him. We were both mortified.

"Tell me this isn't real." He whispered, as he shut his eyes and tilted his head down.

*A few hours earlier..*

We'd decided to get out of the house and have a day out- Jake, Leila, Caleb, Tyler and I. Apparently, a few miles away there was this huge new water park that was just staying for the Summer, then leaving to move onto the next county. Seeing as though it was nearing on 30 degrees, which is literally the equivalent of being told to live in a boiling pan over here in England, we were desperate for supplies. Sun tan lotion, towels, flip flops, Leila and I were currently going to pick up a new bikini or something too from this Summer themed boutique a few blocks away that sells designer swimsuits and other pool-related items for just a fraction of their original price. Ticcara was once again shipped off to Grandma's house, which of course, I feel awful about, but its a weight off of my shoulders, and also my mum's shoulders too. I'm not fully trusted with her, especially seeing as though Jake's staying over. I just can't believe she's alright with him sleeping over at ours for the duration that she's away. She makes me jealous. Soaking up the sun abroad, while I get to soak up Jake's presence. What joy.