30: Who Can Pay

A/N: THIS IS THE MOST TERRIBLE THING EVER AND ITS FRUSTRATING BUT I HATE PRISON-WRITING UGH STRESS LEVELS HIGH BUT READ ON ANYWAYYY

Chapter 30: Jake's POV: Who Can Pay

It had been an hour yet it felt like five freaking years since been thrown in this ratchet cell. I, for one, didn't get a "room-mate", because that apparently only happens if there isn't enough cells for my own or if I'm doing my sentence. God knows how long we'd be stuck in here for! I mean, I realise that they were going to contact our parents immediately, but bail isn't cheap, especially when you've splashed the majority of your cash abroad without your son. If she couldn't pay bail, then I could be in here for Lord knows how long until the trial in court.

To top it all off, in prison, I'm apparently not allowed any of my own belongings. I can't use my own phone, wear my own clothes or eat my own food.

I wasn't even allowed to bring my damn high-shine shampoo.

Exaggerating? I think so.

Losing sanity? I think so.

The silence was deafening. I felt as though I was stuck in a glue trap, I couldn't move or anything, yet there was nothing I could do about it. All I had to do was hold on for another ten minutes before I could go outside into the courtyard and breathe actual oxygen.

What about the people here? The men would undoubtedly be pretty rough in here. Keeping weapons or smuggling drugs into the kitchen, either that or I'm still caught up on season one of Orange Is The New Black. It's nothing like that show in here. It isn't any fun, I highly doubt I'll make friendships like they do, and worst of all... There are no lesbians anywhere- not even a straight girl at very least. I'm guessing that male and female are separated or simply all the women have just crawled into a hole somewhere.

I'd be like that if I had to spend a chunk of my life in here without any lesbians.

Shut up Jake.

My cell was decently sized. Not quite big enough to take a long run up to the wall of which I would purposely thrust my skull against in hope I'd wake up in hospital or somewhere that's not here. However, it did have enough room to preoccupy myself from the thoughts of battering Julia Kent along with her son and Sam for that matter if he wasn't already dead. I thought about starting to dance just for entertainment purposes, but the last thing I wanted was to be locked in an insane asylum, but I shook it off, because my mind was on Sam. For Christ' sake, how far can a body go? To the other end of the swimming pool?

He was alive and we all knew it... He was just setting us up.

On the plus side, no body? No case.

I heard a sharp buzzing sound from the corner of my room, making me jump. It was closely followed by a click of a door and a low grunt.

"Inmate, you-" A miserable police officer began, before a cringed at what he called me.

Inmate? Not in my books.

"Officer, I'm not an inmate, I'm not an official prisoner."

"Look, inmate..."

"I have a name that is not inmate for a matter of fact."

"Alright." He sighed. "Jake, also know as inmate, it's time the-."

"That's not funny you freaking mouldy toe."

I mentally chuckled. That just had to be the worst insult I'd ever come up with, and judging by the cold bitter glare on the officer's face- he didn't seem too light about it either. He just scoffed and stroked his moustache. What else could I do? I had a short temper in this place.