9: Anticipating The News

A/N: Apologies for the past few chapters being super crappy, I promise to try and get them up to scratch in the next few, because recently they've been a heap of cow shit. You should love me though for bringing Jake Hunter to your life so vote please. btw, Zac is dedicated to Reece eElihoran19 and Leila is dedicated to you. (Inside thing).

----//------/-----//-------///------/---///
WARNING: FILLER CHAPTER 3/3 SORRY FOR DOING SO MANY FILLERS, BUT I NEED THEM.

Chapter Nine: Jake's POV: Anticipating The News

This week was going great! I'd spaced myself from Amelia, and she wasn't trying to creep into my business like Mindy was- damn that bitch was becoming annoying! In fact, Amy didn't even seem affected. She didn't look bothered by the fact that I was avoiding her, but I'm pretty sure I did catch a few split-seconds worth of death-glares at school. She probably thought I'd been smoking and taking drugs with Caleb, Zac and Tyler, and doesn't want to associate with me just as much as I don't want to associate with her- just for different reasons. Anyway, my lifestyle choices were nothing to do with her and she couldn't influence my decisions even if I did smoke and take drugs. The boys have been offering it to me, but never in a million years would I light one of those things. Skipping a few classes and regularly taking out any sexual frustration on Mindy, didn't make me a bad-guy... It's just that Amy's a good-girl, so she wouldn't understand. I'm not sure where Amy and I are headed, if I'm truthful. It doesn't matter to me if we forget about each other, I guess she's just another girl. But she's not- is she?

Anyway, about Mindy and I, we are most definitely not an item in any way shape or form, it's just whenever I get pissed off, she's easy. She's basically a booty-call. As a person, she's more irritating than an army of ants up your trouser leg, and she has no quirkiness to her like Amelia does- no sass, no challenge. I sound whipped, lovesick, but I'm certainly not! I guess I'm just treating her unfairly. I gave her no explanation, and just left her as a friend for a bunch of whores lining up for me. She kept me interested, basically and I wasn't exactly making her feel any good by ditching her? But then again, why should I feel guilty? She's the one that can't take a compliment or a joke, and doesn't give a shit about me at all, so I don't see the point in going back to her. The boys (Caleb, Zac and Tyler), would assume I liked a girl within the first week at school and that girl isn't exactly the most popular, is she? Id get some shit for hanging with her, and I couldn't risk my reputation, even if it meant constantly receiving a plethora of detentions for skipping PSHE.

Also, about the smoking, the rest of the guys do it openly and very often. They've offered a good few times, but each time I've declined. They're honestly not bad guys at all, but smoking is one thing that riles my skin! It's my worst pet-hate. I shouldn't judge the guys, but I can't stand it. I can't freaking stand being near them when they've got a cig lit- what makes you so cool about plastering your insides with thick black tar? Nothing at all. Of course, I'm not innocent myself, but I have clearly been scarred for life of cigarettes; I had a traumatic experience with them when I was a little kid, my dad used to smoke... When he was alive.

"Back to earth pretty-boy." Zac called, flicking my ear lobe, as he tossed his fluffed blonde hair.

I'd decided to restock my wardrobe, because a lot of my clothes I got rid of before I moved, so now I literally have about two pairs of sweatpants, skinny jeans and the odd few tops to get me by. Me and the boys decided to go shopping to pick up a few wardrobe fillers, but my head was someplace else.

"Dude, you're boring the shit out of us." Zac laughed, walking into Topman, while we followed.

"Didn't get much sleep." I stated dryly, avoiding eye contact with him.

He raised an eyebrow, as he nodded and smirked, hi-fiving Caleb.

"So Mindy's fun, yeah?" Tyler smirked, butting in.

"She's a whore, man. I'd rather not talk about it. She's fine for now, but she's too easy." I quickly said, picking up a plain white T-Shirt, with black around the hem and on the sleeves.

"So, who've you got your eye on?" Zac added again, as Caleb and Tyler wandered off towards the Jeans section.

I knew that out of all of the boys, I was closest to Zac. He was a lot more relatable. He still smoked, but only on the odd occasion when he felt angry and stressed. Not only that, but he was in every single one of my classes except Chemistry and PSHE. Although Tyler and Caleb were great, I did prefer Zac- he listened well and was always there like a good friend, but did I feel comfortable enough to tell him about Amelia, and how I've had to ignore her in fear of becoming whipped? The answer was the complete opposite to yes.

"Nobody." I said, throwing the black and white top over my arm, as I ran my fingertips through the quiff of my thick, dark brown hair.

"Seriously? Nobody at all? You're lying!" He grinned, showcasing his tiny dimples, which could hardly ever be seen.

I hadn't got my eye on Amelia in that way. I just had my mind set about her, and whether what I was doing was right or not. She would've said something if she wanted to communicate with me, but I guess not.

"There's this girl okay?" I sighed, giving in, "She's stunning, you know? Quite petite, long brunette hair, olive complexion... She's in our year. Not only that, but she's my next door neighbour! I don't like her, I just can't get her out of my mind, because I've been avoiding her recently."

"Why?"

"Because..." I began, but my voice stopped there, as I didn't want to tell him the truth why, I'd sound pathetic! Whipped for a girl that I don't even have a crush on?

"So, who is she? I have a thing for brunettes." He asked, flirtatiously, wiggling his eyebrows and chuckling slightly.

"Dude, lay off!" I said, sternly, walking over to the changing rooms.

"Hey!" He cried in protest, holding his hands in the air, "Calm down bro, I won't do anything."

I nodded softly, and slid through the curtain to the dressing room cubicle, throwing my Wonderlust shirt onto the floor aimlessly. I took the fitted top off of the coathanger, and slid it on over my head, to see a fine fit, when I heard a slight chime- my phone.

It was a text from my mum.

"Hey babe x Come home ASAP, I've got some news!x

-Mum"

Strange. She'd usually just text me or call me whenever she had an announcement to make, whilst I was out. Although it was odd, I typed a quick 'Okay' with a smiley face and kiss and began to undress again, locking my iPhone.

Once I'd escaped the changing rooms, all I had left to do was to pay, drive home, and anticipate the news.

A/N: Zac is cute okayyyyyy. He's based off of Reece BIBBY for my best friend in the whole world ellihoran19 love you lots. please leave suggestions and shit, because I've got some good ones, but need more. wow my A/N's are shit okay bye.