22: The Kiss

A/N: Hi everyone, apologies if this chapter seems rushed, because it sort of is.... Oops! Anyway, I need you to let me know if I should add Sam onto the cast list or not? It's up to you whether you want that or not. Happy reading.

-//----/-///--/-//-///---//-///--/-//-//-
Chapter 22: Amy's POV: The Kiss

I slept in until around midday; my stomach was in a mass of tangles, which eventually turned into thick knots the closer they got to my head. I guess what I'm trying to say is- I was a mess. I came to the conclusion that my Grandma was probably out walking the dog 'Russ' or visiting the market square with Ticarra for either groceries or colouring books, so I took this as an excuse to quickly sneak into the den, where Jake was (she set a strict rule that if we were upstairs, we must be in separate rooms). I don't blame her, honestly. As far as she knows, he's just a kid that landed me in a police station. She agreed to take us both in for the time being seeing as though we'd both need a lawyer or attorney- especially Jake. I felt as though somebody had walked straight into my head in the middle of the night, and poured glue around like a spiders web, because everything was sticking. I couldn't forget it. Being questioned by the police was the most sickening thing in my life- literally. I spent thirty minutes throwing up into the officer's dustbin, while trying to answer questions on what had happened over at the waterpark. However, Jake and I decided that remaining silent until we had some professional advise would be our safest option. What happened? I don't even know myself, truthfully. One minute, I was lifted in the air, the next I was laid on the decking crying, then Jake was saying he killed somebody... It escalated too fast! Mysteriously, there was no evidence yet of Sam's death being Jake's fault- or a death at all. His body was missing. No blood, no nothing. We just had to keep praying that it would remain that way. As far as I could tell, Jake was taking it easy... a little too easy. I'm not sure whether reality has hit him yet or not, because I still don't think it has hit me, but Sam could very much possibly still be alive somewhere, breathing and walking. If he landed in the pool, there'd be chance of survival. If he landed on the ground, there'd be blood.

Once I'd splashed my face with some cold water to try and wake me up and brushed my teeth, I took two coffee cups from the kitchen and placed them under the cappuccino machine and watched the creamy brown liquid run into the mug.

"Hey.." I greeted, slowly pushing the door open to Jake's room.

He was sat on the edge of the sofa he slept on, watching something on the TV- probably Top Gun. How can any average human look that good when they first wake up? Well, that's easy, Amelia, he isn't any average human. His dark locks were ruffled in the most perfect, rugged way, and his lip ring was catching the light. Did I mention? He obviously had to be topless. Look, cut me some slack, I've been up half of the night and I'm at a weak stage, I'd probably find anything that's not in a police cell attractive.

"Your Grandma is the best." He said, taking a mug from my hands, gratefully, yet not flinching his eyes away from the screen.

"Why?"

"Just for taking me in, any other sane human would have just let me sleep in the trashcan- at least!" He chuckled, resting the cappuccino on the coffee table, as I sat down beside him.

"Well, I wouldn't describe her as sane, but you didn't do anything wrong. She's being nice because you basically saved my life."

"True, I basically did." He boasted, "Did I hear a 'thank you' somewhere in there, Amy?" He smiled, pushing a loose blonde strand of hair behind my ear. I just chuckled, and took a sip from my drink, trying to ignore the fact that his shirtless body was less than two inches from mine.

"I suppose you did." I replied, returning the smile.

"You're welcome."

There was a little pause, not an awkward one, just a short silence of him looking into my eyes, kind of creepily, I can't lie.