40: Misplaced & Missing

A/N: Hey ho. Perhaps I should just put it out there that I typically write my author's notes before I begin writing my chapters, which I know is different to most writers on Wattpad, but it's just a little fun way to warm my brain up before I begin. This is CHAPTER 40! As if I have written 40 chapters, and we're still not completed. Hopefully, this is where the pace of the book will pick up now. We have drama and excitement, and well.. find out for yourself! Enjoy Misplaced & Missing

Chapter 40: Jake's POV: Misplaced & Missing

/-///--/-//---//-//---///-///-/--//---/---///-//-

Jake's POV:

I'd really gone and done it this time.

Amy was going to go absolutely crazy at me; How on earth did I let something so stupid and careless happen? It was practically impossible!

Ticarra, Amelia and I remained out enjoying the day for a few more hours after our ice-cream parlour incident (which was hysterical, might I add?). She got herself cleaned up, and then we casually strolled to the local park, where we sat for a while. Seeing as though I'm such a genuine, humble guy, I won't deny to pushing Ticarra on the swings for the best part of half an hour. I've always been an only child, which is why I tend to get along with people so well. I like to make up for not having a brother or sister to play with as a child, or protect as a young adult, by surrounding myself with people. And Ticarra? Well, she made me realise how much I'd have loved a little sister.

Anyway, once we'd arrived back to our homes, we separated into our own houses. The next few minutes, I spent leisurely laid on my sofa, scrolling through my newsfeed and chuckling at the imposter-unicorn photo of Amelia; it just made me think- I was a keeper.

She was still blindingly beautiful, though, despite the cone on her forehead.

I didn't even care that I'd accidentally publicised our relationship into the first day of us being official, which was pretty un-smooth of me to do, but I was too transfixed in a little love bubble of 'Jamelia' to even feel an ounce of embarrassment.

Afterwards, I went upstairs. Now, I'm not certain what crossed my mind to possess me to do what I did next, but it really worried me.

On my stomach, I crept under my bed, and fiddled with the insecure plank of wood, which I kept a bunch of random shit in. From dice, to keys, loose change, condoms and generally... Amy's diary. I must've just been rummaging through to check on it for her. When I did, it occurred to me that the diary was missing.

Missing.

How in hell can something in such a safe, obscure place disappear?

But, more importantly, how in hell would I break the news to Amy?

It wouldn't be such a bad thing, but she over-analyses every situation and becomes pessimistic. She'd suspect that we'd be imprisoned again, that the entire Sam situation would be relived. She'd be terrified. However, the main reason as to why it upset me was because those were her feelings, and her thoughts and memories for years and years, and stupid old Jake Hunter took all of those away from her, for a game that was only worth playing to support my pride. Dammit.

I didn't know whether to be upfront or let her know on the way to school tomorrow. After deliberating whether to stall or grow a pair and be straight forward, I decided my best option for survival would be the latter.

I peered out of my bedroom window, and looked into hers. When I saw her sat typing away on her computer, assumably cramming in last minute homework, I knocked gently on the glass. It only took a few seconds before she opened it up and looked at me in confusion. I guess my facial expression said it all... guilty. She glowered at me intensely.