12: Care on Monday

A/N: Hi, so I've recently LOVED writing this, and I've had so many ideas for it that I'm trying to update as much as I physically can. Whenever I get spare time, I'll write, and I'd seriously appreciate it if you could vote. Within the past 24 hours, the views have got a whole lot higher, so thankyou for that. I hope you're enjoying this, let me know what you think.

WARNING FILLER CHAPTER BUT PLEASE READ. IT'S KIND OF REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO IF YOU'RE INTENDING ON READING UNTIL THE END.
--//-/----///---/---///--//-----

Chapter Twelve: Amelia's POV: Care on Monday

I am so unwell, I can barely stand. After I'd come home on Saturday from the fair, I literally threw up all over my kitchen floor, and my head span like hell for the rest of the day, and on Sunday, it was even worse; the vomitting went to a whole new level, and I could hardly keep my stomach in place. Today I'm on my road to recovery with the day off school. I wasn't going to miss much today anyway, it's the final week at school and everybody knows that you do nothing but watch movies, which I'm perfectly capable of doing at home in bed, whilst throwing up into a bucket beside me. How lovely.

Because of the sickness, my mind was pretty vacant and my brain was practically taking a day off from life. It sounds like I'm trying to use metaphors to describe that I'm dying, but I'm just ill- not near death. However, there was one thing bugging me and lingering in my thoughts... The kiss! Maybe it meant nothing to Jake, just either a friendly gesture or a cheeky move to play with my mind? At the end of the day, to him, it didn't affect him in the slightest. But as for me, well, I'm not as extravagant as he is. I mean for Christ's sakes, knowing that boy, a full make out session would just be like nothing. But, I'm different. A small, meaningless gesture goes a long way for me. Leila kisses me on the cheek all the time, so what is the deal when Jake does? I know I'm not exactly experienced with boys, but come on; you'd think I'd be able to handle a joking peck on the cheek? I can see how I'm overreacting, but Jake makes me feel something else. He always finds a way to get inside of my head and devote all of precious thoughts to him, whether for the good or bad. He's just different to all the other guys. He's a player from a third-person view, but when he's with me, it's just him and myself with nobody else, even if it is just constant quarrels and bickering, all of that arguing is unintentional and has no hatred and venom behind it- there's a hell of a lot of sarcasm behind it, but that's what makes Jake and I friends, I guess. The fact that we don't take each other seriously, and can insult one another without it emotionally getting to us, is special, right?

Damn. I'm not acting like myself- I must be pretty freaking sick! Who's this mental, emotional, overthinking wreck in my skin, and what has she done to the real Amelia Dakin?

I really ought to clear my head. As much as I love curling up in bed under my covers and not moving a muscle, it can get hot and stuffy and just add to the state I'm in. Anyway, it was still quarter to eight, and the morning breeze is always the most refreshing.

Okay, now I seriously don't sound anything like myself. What happened to the sleep-craving, Jake-hating, Amelia? Only God knows.

As I steadily crawled off of my bed, and stretched out my arms with a yawn, he appeared at the window. School usually begins at 8:20, so Jake was of course still home considering the time. Not that it would make a difference, he's usually late anyway.

"Girl, you better hurry up and pull yourself together, I'm not being seen with you of that state in my car." He smirked, irritatingly.

"Clever. I'm sick dude, you'll have to go by yourself. I'm not going to school." I informed him, coughing wildly at the end of my sentence. Oh, did I forget to mention he'd promised to be my chauffeur to school and back whenever I wanted? It took some persuading, but now I have a free ride whenever I want, so the badgering was worth it. However, I obviously would not be needing his mobility today.