10: No Vacation For Us

A/N: Hi everybody, so I added a cast list to this story, so if you're struggling to fit an image to any of the characters or would just like to see my interpretation of them, then you can go click that, but I'll copy it here just to save you the trip.

Jai Brooks as Jake
Meg DeAngelis as Amy
Maia Mitchell as Leila
Laura James as Mindy
Mia Talerico as Ticarra (Amy's sister)
Rose Byrne as Lola (Jake's mum)
Julianne Moore as Carol (Amy's mum)
Reece Bibby as Zac
Dylan Sprouse as Tyler
Jake Sims as Caleb
Stephen Tobolowski as Mr Murphy

If I decide to introduce new characters then be sure to check to cast list to see who I've assigned.

-//-----//----/---///-------//---///--/---

Chapter Ten: Amelia's POV: No Vacation For Us

"Mum, no please don't make me do this!" I cried, tugging on her arm, "in fact, no. You can't do this, I refuse!"

"Amelia, stop being so adamant! I'm your mother!" She scolded, slapping my fingers away from her wrist, leaving red marks on my hands.

"Human rights, woman!" I shrieked melodramatically, folding my arms across my chest, immediately realising what I'd said, and burst out with laughter, as she did the same.

"You're a piece of work Amelia," She chuckled, "But you don't have a choice. Lola asked for you and I to come around for just a few moments, because we need to tell you guys something!"

"Will Jake be there?" I sulked, walking over to the shoe cabinet, in search of my Uggs.

"Yes, he will, are you friends?"

I quickly shot her a warning glance, telling her to drop the subject.

Basically, Lola (Jake's mum) and my mum had apparently arranged something that we needed to know about in a group-meeting, over at their house. I honestly don't see how important whatever this announcement could be that we had to unite to share the news. I'd do anything not to be there- to not have to be in the same room as him.

Whatever floats your mum's boat, I guess.

After I'd pulled on my furry boots, I followed my mum outside of our front door moodily, scraping my feet, and slamming the door behind me.

"Smile. Impressions last a lifetime." Mum hissed, as we walked along the drive, "I don't see your problem here! We're literally visiting the neighbours, not a rapist!"

"That's what they all say." I stated, laughing, remembering when Jake had used the same words as my mum that morning I crept into the house.

"What the hell, Amy? Gosh, you're a strange one. Did you put Ticarra to bed, after Leila left?"

"Yes, I am responsible enough mum!"

We began to make our way up the pathway to house right next to ours, until we were facing the door. Reluctantly, I pressed the door bell, and slid my hands into the pockets of my jeans, as I stood patiently waiting for Mrs Hunter to open the door and let us out of the flipping freezing cold. I heard footsteps and my heart began to race. The door clicked. Thank God. It wasn't Jake. I have no clue why I was expecting Jake to answer the door. Instead, Mrs Hunter stood in the doorframe with a huge warm smile spread widely across her face. She was gorgeous. She had thick brown hair- like Jake's, perfect teeth- like Jake's, a tanned, warm complexion- like Jake's. They almost looked identical.

"Come on in, get out of the cold!" She said.

Wow, even her voice- like Jake's.

"Jake's not home yet, but I doubt he'll be long, I sent him a text a few minutes ago. He's out shopping." Mrs Hunter added, closing the door behind us.