Fifteen

I recently published another story called 'Songs to admire' where I post daily about amazing songs, and I'd figure I'd let you guys know about that just in case any of you were interested.

Thank you guys for reading/commenting/voting. I really appreciate it and every comment/vote/read makes me smile. :)

I grabbed my car keys and ran out of the door. Tears ran down my face as I drove. First, I drove to Leigh-Anne's to get her help. I ran over and knocked on her door.

"What are you doing here? It's so early," she greeted me. After noticing my distressed state, she became worried. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Jade ran. Help me find her please," I said through tears.

"Okay, but I'm driving. You can't drive like this," she took the car keys out of my hand. I nodded and got in the passenger seat of the car. "Where could she have gone?" Leigh asked me.

"I don't know. She hardly knows her way around here," I said. My tears slowed which made my vision better, and the objective in mind became much more clearer. I have to find Jade.

Leigh and I drove around looking for Jade for a few hours, but we were unsuccessful in finding her. Leigh-Anne suggested taking a break, and I reluctantly agreed. I hoped that wherever Jade was, she was okay.

Leigh drove me back to her house, and we looked in her kitchen for something to eat.

"I have to refill my kitchen. I didn't realize how low I was on food," Leigh chuckled.

"Do you think she's okay?" I asked Leigh.

"Perrie, she's an adult. She might just have knocked on someone else's door and barged into their house like she did yours." Leigh said which didn't make me feel any better. I gave Leigh-Anne a look signaling for her to be nicer. "I'm sorry," Leigh said to me. "I'm sure she's fine." I nodded, sadly.

"Where would you like to eat?" Leigh asked me after a few moments.

"Can we eat at-" I began saying, but I cut myself off with a gasp. "Leigh! I have an idea," I shouted. "We gotta go. I know where we can check for Jade at."

"Okay, but as long as we get some food," Leigh laughed. We hopped in the car soon after. I was still a passenger rider as Leigh drove.

"First stop at my studio," I said as we got closer to it. The car stopped, and I hopped out followed by Leigh.

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

"There's something I gotta get," I muttered as I opened the door. I was greeted by some of my other employees, but I ignored them as I quickly walked towards the computer. I scrolled through numerous pictures of people I did not know until I found the couple pictures of Jade that I took. I tried to edit the glowing down to a minimum as fast as I could.

I printed off the picture of Jade smiling brightly, and I sadly smiled at the picture. I longed to see her smile once again. Satisfied with my picture, I told Leigh I was ready to go. We hopped in the car, and drove to the one place that Jade could be that we hadn't checked yet.

We arrived at McDonald's, and I hopped out of the car as quick as I could. I barged into the store, and looked around for any signs of the beautiful girl I was missing.

I found nothing, and disappointment filled me. I got in line behind an elderly couple and grew impatient as they ordered. When they were finally done, I ran up to the register.

"Hi, and welcome to McDonald's! How may I help you?" the employee asked. I pulled the picture out of my pocket and presented it to her.

"Have you seen this girl?" I asked. The employee studied the photo for a few seconds. "She would've had a purple jacket on her," I added.

The employee nodded. "She was in here for a long time today, a few hours. That's the only reason I remember her. She didn't order any food, but she sat at that booth for hours." The employee pointed at the booth that Jade and I had sat at when we ate here.

"Thank you," I said putting the picture back in my pocket. "Can you-uh call me if she comes back in here today?" I asked.

The employee nodded, and handed me a napkin and a pen. I wrote my phone number down and handed it to her.

"I only work until 7, but if I see her, I'll let you know," the employee smiled.

"Thank you so much," I said. I looked back at the entrance to see Leigh staring at me. I signaled for her to come over. "Now I'd actually like to order some food."

Leigh and I ordered our food and sat down at the same booth that Jade had sat at while lost and wearing my purple jacket.

I ate slowly and quietly with the exception of telling Leigh what the employee had told me. I kept my eyes on the entrance, and as I chomped on my french fry, I heard the door open.

My eyes widened when I saw the familiar face I had been searching for all day.