Four

"I know I look pretty rough huh?" Leigh chuckled. I had to agree with her though; she had various cuts and bruises scattered across her face and arms. I could only imagine what the rest of her body looked like. Jade let out a nervous chuckle.

     "This is Jade," I said motioning to her. "She's- uh she's my new friend, and she wanted to hang out, so I invited her. I hope that's okay," Leigh nodded and then introduced herself to Jade.

    We spent hours at Leigh-Anne's house, but the whole time we were there Jade seemed uncomfortable. Leigh offered to drive us to my home at the end of the night, but I declined because I wanted to make a stop on the way home.

We stopped at my studio, so I could print off the pictures of Jade, but when I pulled them up on the computer, something was wrong. I looked at the pictures with a confused look. Jade literally looked like she was glowing in the photos.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"You're not supposed to glow in photos," I mumbled, wondering if I'd need a new camera. I decided I'd deal with it another day as I powered down the computer and locked up the studio.

"Did I break something?" Jade asked. She sure asked a lot of questions. I shook my head, and we continued our walk to my house. My mind reeled with the possibilities that could've happened to my camera. Had one of the other employees broke it? Had I broke it? Had Jade done something somehow?

     When we arrived at my home, Jade asked me if she could stay at my house for a few days. I said yes, but I told her that I had rules. She nodded, and I grabbed her new clothes to sleep in, and she thanked me.

I really don't know why I trusted her so easily. I can't explain it, but it just feels like I should trust her, and I should do everything in my power to help her.

After I finished changing, I went out into the kitchen to grab some food. I started eating at the table when Jade walked in and interrupted me.

"I have a secret," she whispered, and I raised my eyebrows. Would this secret answer all my questions I had about her?

"Okay what is it?" I asked and she sat down at the other side of the small table. I leaned in as I listened for the information I had been waiting so long for.

I watched as she mustered up the courage to say it. "I think I'm in love with Leigh-Anne!" she shouted and then let out a sigh of relief. I blinked a few times, stunned before I chuckled. This did not answer all my questions, but it did explained why she gasped and her uncomfortableness all day.

"You can't be in love. You just met her," I chuckled, "You probably have a crush though, and I can set you up with her if you want me too."

She nodded and smiled. "It felt good to tell someone," she said, and then I offered her some food. She accepted, so I made her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Jade, are you an alien?" I blurted out while she ate her sandwich. After swallowing her bite, she started laughing and shaking her head. "But you're not like me? Right? You're something?" She hesitated before nodding, and then took another bite of her sandwich. "Can you prove it to me? Do something I can't do please? I feel like I'm going crazy."

She swallowed her bite, and sat down her sandwich. "Look into my eyes," she said. I looked at her beautiful brown eyes, and smiled. She closed her eyes for a few seconds before re-opening them. When she opened them, her eyes shone bright blue. They were brighter than any human eyes I had ever seen.

"Woah.." I whispered, and she shut her eyes again before picking up her sandwich and continued eating. "And that's it? You're not going to give me any answers?" She shook her head. "Why not?"

"I'm afraid," she stated simply. I didn't push the topic any further as I decided the truth always reveals itself at some point, and soon Jade and I both went to bed.

     Dreams of dark beings filled my head that night before I awoke abruptly from a nightmare. Sweat covered my forehead, and I reached over to my phone to check the time: 5:17 AM.

     I sat up and started pulling the covers off of me before I screamed upon seeing a girl standing in my room.

    "Be quiet, Perrie! Are you trying to wake her up?" She scolded then laughed, "Oh, and sorry about the nightmares, but I had to wake you up somehow."