Ten

I sat on my couch with a book opened on my lap. Jade had left to complete her plan and ask Leigh on a date. I was nervous about this. Jade is already so much more in it than Leigh-Anne. Leigh is my best friend, so I know I can trust her.

I got distracted from my book as I imagined what my life would be like if I were an angel. Would I have come down to earth? Which lifestyle would I have preferred? Would I have known Jade? Could I have kept her from committing a sin? I'll never know the answers to these questions, and I liked to say that everything works out the way it's supposed to.

I wondered if Jade ever noticed me in heaven. If she watched Leigh-Anne for over a year I had to have been there. What did she think of me? Did she recognize me when I opened the door?

  I had so many questions, but I tried stopping my mind from wandering as I put my focus back into my book.

   It wasn't long after until Jade burst through the door with a big grin on her face shouting "she said yes!" I hugged her, and we went to bed.

The next day she made the reservations, and I had to help her to make sure everything went okay. It did, and it proved that Jade has been adapting to life on earth.

Jade received her paycheck the next day and seemed less happy then I thought she would be. "What's wrong?" I asked her.

    She answered, "nothing," and then proceeded into her room without another word.

   The day after was Saturday, and it was the day of Jade and Leigh-Anne's date. Jade and I were going to the mall to pick her out an outfit. I didn't drive my car much, but I did if walking was out of the question. "Did you have cars in heaven?" I asked Jade.

    She shook her head. "No, we flew."

   I chuckled. "Of course you did." We hopped in the car, and I drove her to the mall. I warned her of the amount of people she would encounter, but she shushed me saying she's always wanted to go to one. She explained to me that in heaven, they had very little clothing to choose from, and the articles of clothing only came in the color white.

She purchased a few articles of clothing with her new money, and we drove home.

   I talked to Jade as she got ready for her date and answered any questions she had.

   "I had to pick a restaurant within walking distance because I don't know how to drive!" she laughed. "You'll have to teach me."

   I nodded. "But won't the government, like, freak out when they have no record of you?"

"Actually, the government knows about angels and fallen angels. They're really good at keeping secrets, but they don't like us because of how we can turn dark," She explained.

"Then maybe we should hold off on teaching you to drive," I laughed. She continued getting ready.

   I wished her good luck as she walked to the door and she smiled back at me; she looked gorgeous. She was wearing a long sleeved red shirt with a patterned skirt that she had bought today. Soon she headed for the restaurant, and I was opening up a book to pass the time.

   About a half of an hour later, Leigh-Anne called me. I looked at my phone confused. Wasn't she on a date?

    "Hey Perrie," Leigh greeted me as I answered the phone.

   "Hi Leigh. Aren't you on a date?" I asked her.

    "About that, I'm going to have to cancel. Can you pass the message to Jade?" she asked me. Anger filled me as I closed my book in front of me.

    "Why are you canceling?" I asked through gritted teeth.

    "I don't like her that way," she answered like it was the most obvious answer.

    "And you waited until now to say something? Leigh, she's waiting for you. She's been waiting for you for thirty minutes. You have to tell her yourself in person,"  I snapped.

   "Woah, woah, why are you mad at me? I'm trying to do the right thing by not leading her on," Leigh defended herself.

"I just don't know how you could do this to her," I sighed.

"It's whatever. Anyway, I've got to go. I'm going out. Bye!" she said. She hung up the phone before I could answer her back. I sighed before walking to my closet and picking me out a nice outfit. A red skirt and a white shirt seemed to be okay.

I didn't have time to apply makeup, so I grabbed my jacket and headed for the door.