Twenty One

"Stop the car!" Jade yelled, but Jesy continued driving.

I began trying to calm her down. "Jade, look at me," I said. She looked at me and crossed her arms. "Try to stay calm, Jade," I reached my hand out and put it on her shoulder.

"Don't touch me, and don't tell me what to do," she said as she swatted my hand away. Tears pooled at my eyes as I saw this side to Jade that was not very Jade-like. "Stop the car, Jesy!" she yelled again.

"Jade, listen to me, you're only doing this because of the evil in your black wings, but we're going to fix that," Jesy tried to reason with her.

"We're going to get that evil out of you, so you can be yourself. Try to find yourself, and try to come out of this, Jade. I know you can do it," I added.

   She smiled at me as she reached out and pinched my cheek. "You two are cute," sarcasm laced through her tone like venom, "but I really need Jesy to stop the car!" She reached her hands up to the girl in the driver's seat in front of her. Her petite hands wrapped around Jesy's neck, and Jesy gasped as she realized what was happening.

The car swerved, but never stopped as Jesy struggled against Jade's hold. I grabbed onto one of Jade's arms and began pulling hoping to find some resistance. Jesy gasped for air, and I moved frantically as I knew I didn't have much time left. It was then Leigh-Anne spoke up.

"Jade! Look what you're doing!" She shouted at Jade. A loud beeping came from a car who we had almost swerved into. Jesy had one hand on the wheel and one hand on the hands around her neck. Leigh aided Jesy in steering the car, but they were still unable to keep straight. "Look who you're doing this to! This is Jesy, you're best friend! This is Perrie and me! You care for all of us yet here you are trying to kill us! Snap out of it!" Jade peered up at Leigh, eyes still glowing orange. As she looked at Leigh, emotion flashed in her face and she blinked a few times, and the familiar brown of her eyes returned a few moments after.

Her hands left Jesy's neck, and Jesy coughed and gasped until the oxygen returned to her lungs.

"Well it was weird how I was the one to bring Jade back to Jade," Leigh snorted finding a bit of humor in serious situation.

"It wasn't you specifically. It was your words. Thank you, Leigh. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happened to you girls at my hands. I'm really sorry, Jesy," Jade muttered looking down to her hands. Her facial expression was filled with disappointment.

   "We're just glad to have you back," Jesy smiled looking back in the rear-view mirror, but then let out a loud cough.

   "Come here," I whispered to Jade. She leaned towards me and I connected our lips in a soft, sweet kiss. Our kiss didn't last very long as it was soon interrupted by sirens. We looked behind us to see blue and red flashing lights.

  "Great," Jesy said, her tone bitter. All of us connected our seat belts as we prepared for the next difficult situation.

   We pulled over, and the cop pulled behind us. "License and registration, ma'am," the police officer stated coldly.

"The registration is in the glove department," I told Jesy, and she nodded. Leigh reached in and pulled out what she needed. Jesy reached in her pocket, and she smiled at what she pulled out next. She handed the police officer the registration and what appeared to be a driver's license.

As the cop left to go out all of this information into his official police computer, the three of us all looked at Jesy quizzically.

"Did they make fake I.D.'s at that cafe too?" Jade giggled.

   "No, I got somebody to make me one on earth before I found Perrie's house. Also, if this cop is smart enough, he'll realize what I am. I left hints on the fake I.D." Jesy stated.

   "Wait cops know about fallen angels?" Leigh asked confused.

   Jesy nodded. "It's almost always their assumption when a person isn't in their database." Our conversation got cut short as the police officer walked back up to Jesy's window. He let us know that we were pulled over for reckless driving. He made Jesy do a series of tests to assure she wasn't intoxicated.

   "Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to let one of the other three passengers drive this vehicle," He muttered.

   "Why?" Jesy asked.

    "You know why," was his response as he pointed at her I.D.

   "I'll do it," Leigh spoke up. The cop asked to see her license, and he went back to check it.

   "I thought you said the government doesn't like fallen angels?" I asked Jade.

   "They don't. I mean he's making Jesy not drive because of that simple fact, and he can't just arrest her if she's not committing a crime." she said to me; I nodded.

   "Okay, everything checks out. You ladies are off the hook with a warning as long as this young lady," he pointed to Leigh, "remains the driver. Have a nice day," he waved to us.