Eighteen

The woman didn't stop walking until I said, "Who are you?"

She turned to me and smiled. "You don't remember me?" As I studied her face a second longer I gasped in realization. I never thought I'd see that face again.

  "Jesy..." I said quietly.

  "I'm here to help," she smiled. She walked back to Jade's room, and in an instant, she came back out with Jade in her arms.

"Perrie, we have to leave right away; we don't have much time," she said. "Grab what you need for a long car ride. Bring food, drinks, and things to pass the time. I'll be waiting in the car. Be quick," she said sternly.

She walked outside with Jade in her arms, and I stood there stunned for a few moments. I began getting ready as quick as I could.

"Who was that?" Leigh said as she approached me rubbing her eyes. Her bed head had yet to be tamed, and she was still wearing her pajamas.

   "It was Jesy. I'm leaving. I don't know when I'll be back. You can come too if you want. It's for Jade. Jesy is here to help her," I told Leigh as I grabbed various items that would be useful.

  "Jesy is here? How?" She asked me.

   "I don't know, but you got to be quick if you want to go," I put the items in a bag and ran into Jade's room.

   I searched for a specific item of Jade's in her room. She had only mentioned it once to me, but I hoped to find it. As I opened up her desk drawer, I found a blue notebook. I grabbed it and opened up to the first page. I saw words written from start to finish on various pages.

When I asked Jade what she liked to do before she got a job, she had told me she liked to write. I never got a chance to read any of her writing, but I'd like to read some, and I don't think she would mind.

I grabbed the notebook and put it in the bag. "Leigh, c'mon, if you're going, we're leaving now," I shouted as I ran out of Jade's room. Leigh followed me out the door with a hairbrush in her right hand and a water bottle in the other.

   I hopped into the back seat with Jade, and Leigh got into the passenger seat as Jesy drove. I buckled my seat belt, and I laid Jade's head in my lap. Jesy started driving as soon as the doors were shut and the seat belts were on.

"So how are you here?" was the first thing I asked her. "Were you sent down here on a special case again?"

   "Not exactly. I-uh I got kicked out of heaven yesterday. I've fallen," She sighed. "I knew what the consequences to my actions would be, but Jade means a lot to me."

"Do you know what's wrong with her? Do you know why she won't wake up?" I asked hopefully.

   "Yeah, I used my magic to put her into this coma-like sleep for seventy-two hours. It's so she can't harm anyone," she explained, "Jade was going to do something that would've had deadly consequences, but my magic stopped her. Therefore, I am a fallen angel now," Jesy sighed. I don't think she liked her new label as a fallen angel, but she cared about Jade more.

   "How are you going to help her?" I asked.

   "Ever since Jade committed her sin, I had watched over her. I watched her try so hard to win Leigh-Anne's heart," she looked to Leigh. "only to fall for someone else," Jesy looked at me, and I smiled. "I watched her try to fit in, and I watched you show her such kindness, Perrie. Thank you for treating her so nicely." I nodded. "Although this good stuff was happening, I watched as she faced temptations for bad things, and sometimes she gave in. I began asking around if there was a way for fallen angels to avoid turning evil. No one knew much about this situation, but a friend of mine had heard of a man that could remove an angel's wings and according to this man, the evil stems from the wings, so once the wings are detached, the mind is free to do whatever it desires. I searched all over for this man, and it was hard, but I eventually found him, and I saw him do it. I saw him save a fallen angel."

   My eyes lit up with hope with every word Jesy spoke. Jade might be okay. We might be able to get out of this messy situation.

   "There is just one slight problem," Jesy paused, and my heart plummeted. "The angels this man has worked on still had pureness left in their wings. Jade doesn't, and it could effect the results."