Twenty Five

Jade was able to begin to do things after a few hours. I looked at her with much adoration, and I was so thankful that she was okay.

    We sat on the couch, and she discussed things with Jesy as I talked to Leigh, but out of no where Jade looked to me and said, "Hey, Perrie. Can I talk to you?"

   "Of course. What about?" I replied.

    "Can we go outside and talk?" she asked and I nodded. Was something wrong? I helped her up, and I helped her walk outside. "Can we go for a walk?"

   "But, Jade, you've been in so much pain. You're still recovering. Can we just sit?" I reasoned with her.

   "Carry me?" she giggled.

   "Fine," I gave in. I couldn't carry her bridal style because I would be touching her wounds on her back, so instead I crouched down and carried her piggy-back style. We began our walk, and we were silent at first. "What did you want to talk about?" I was the first to speak.

   "So my dad is here," she paused. "He's alive, and he's well, and he's not in prison," she chuckled. "And he's the last family member I have. I lost him once, and I don't think I could live with myself if I lost him again, so I've been thinking, and I think that I am going to stay here, and I hope you understand because Perrie, I care for you so much, I enjoy our time together, and you've made me so genuinely happy, but right now I need to be with him, and Jesy is going to stay here too, and I'll be happy here." I felt wetness on my shoulder indicating Jade had begun crying. "I will miss you so much though."

"Are you saying you want to break up?" I asked as I felt a tear run down my cheek.

"We don't have to. I am completely willing to try a long distance relationship with you, but if you think it's not something you can handle, I completely understand." She sniffled.

"Jade I want to be with you, so of course I want to. You've made me very happy too," I smiled. "I want to kiss you."

I stopped walking, and I let her drop her legs. I assisted her down and then I turned to face her. My hands reached to cup her face, and I leaned in kissing her lips. Her hands reached around to the back of my neck as she entangled her fingers in my hair. Her other hand held my waist. We got lost in each other. Jade's tears faded with every second that passed. She took some steps towards me and I took some steps back until my back collided with a tree.

She pulled away with a smile. "Kissing is nice," she pecked my lips, and I grinned.

"How will I ever be able to go so long without your kisses?" I pouted and jutted out my lip.

"I guess we'll have to make this one memorable," she cheekily winked, and closed the gap between our lips once again. This kissed was more rushed and passionate. It lasted longer and gave me an intoxicated type of feeling. As we pulled away, we both looked at each other, feeling wild and hungry for more. "I think we should be getting back," Jade mumbled.

"Do we have to?" I pouted once again. My hands now rested around Jade's waist pulling her closer to me.

"Don't pout," she kissed the lip that was jutted out. "Now carry me like the good girlfriend you are," she giggled.

"Maybe I'll just leave you out here to the wolves," I joked. "My back hurts too, y'know." I held my back in a pretend manner.

"Now that wouldn't be very nice," She jutted out her lip.

   "Look who's pouting now," I laughed. She retracted her hands from my waist and my neck, and they felt bare without her touch as if something were missing. I pulled my hands away from Jade. "If you insist," I jokingly sighed. I crouched down once again, and she got on my back. I began the walk back. We laughed and joked, and enjoyed each other. If I won't get to see Jade for a long time after this, I want to spend every moment I am with her to the fullest.

   Not getting to see her will be a hard thing to go through, but I will be able to handle it because there will still be times like these where I will be happy with her, and nothing else will matter, and I'll forget about all the time we had spent apart, and I'll appreciate the fact that this amazing person is in my life.

   "Hey, Perrie," Jade said to me as we approached the house. I stopped and let her legs drop, and safely got her to the ground.

   "Yeah?" I said. She turned to me, and looked into my eyes with her beautiful brown ones.

   "I love you," she said.

    "and I love you," I smiled.