Twelve

The door creaked opened, and I saw Jade's petite frame walk in. I sat up on my bed as she sat down on the other side. I turned on the lamp beside me, and I saw a stream of tears falling from Jade's eyes. "I did a bad thing," she mumbled. I looked into her eyes and I was able to see the sadness behind them. "You were right. Love drives us to do crazy things," she sniffles.

    "What did you do?" I questioned.

"I don't know what I was thinking. I'm so sorry. I wanted the date with Leigh-Anne to be perfect. For some reason, I didn't think I'd be able to afford it with only one paycheck, and the money was just sitting there." She explained.

   "You stole money?"

   She nodded. "From the cash register at work. I planned on returning it; I still do. I didn't think it would affect me this much. I thought my intentions were good because that's what matters. Good intentions fight the darkness. I thought my intentions were pure, but apparently they were not; my wings proved it." She paused and threw off her shirt. Her wings sprouted from her back, and I gasped. The majority of them had turned black. The small section of white at the bottom contrasted the dark black. The realization hit me that someone who was turning evil was living in my own house, but I cared too much about her to do anything about it.

    I reached over and wiped her eyes. "Stop crying. I'm not angry about the money, but please don't do it again. Use this experience as more motivation to do good. Be absolutely one hundred percent certain that your intentions are pure next time." She nodded wiping her eyes.

She pulled money out of her back pocket. "Here's the money. Leigh didn't show, and you ended up paying for the meal, so I still had the money." I took the money from her outstretched arm and placed it on the table beside me. "It's about time I start my journey of moving on."

I nodded. "It won't be easy, but with time, you'll forget."

She leaned forward and retracted her wings. As she leaned forward her face became mere inches away from mine, and I saw her glance down at my lips. It seemed like she took a few moments to think about it, but as the atmosphere got more heated each second, she finally spoke up.

"Make me forget," she said before crashing our lips together. It caught me by surprise, but I wasted no time in kissing her back. I had only thought of Jade this way a couple of times, but I never imagined it becoming real. However, before I met Jade, I never once thought fallen angels roamed the earth either. Jade had come into my life, and changed it completely. She was full of endless surprises that continually intrigue me.

I pulled away from the kiss for a moment to ask, "Are you sure about this? Or is this just because of Leigh-Anne?"

She chuckled. "I wasted too much time on Leigh-Anne. It's about time I realized what's right in front of me."

I took that as enough reassurance as I connected our lips again. The kiss deepened, and I couldn't help but smile. Oh, what a beautiful thing Leigh-Anne missed out on. For an angel, Jade really knew how to kiss.

After an eventful night, and a couple hours of rest, I woke up to a sleeping Jade adorned with messy hair and smudged makeup. I sat up in bed; I was careful to make little to no noise. I stepped over the various clothing strewn across the floor and walked into the bathroom.

   I examined my face in the mirror, and I found a big bruise in the middle of my neck. I chuckled to myself, and then cleaned my face. I decided I would take a shower as Jade slept. I hummed to myself while showering, and when I got out, I realized I had forgotten clothes.

    I walked back into my bedroom to retrieve my clothes. I expected to see a sleeping Jade and a messy room, but when I walked in, the clothes on the floor had been put in the laundry basket, and the sleeping Jade was not on the bed. Instead, the bed was made. There was a pile of clean clothes on the bed; I assumed they were for me as I began putting them on.

    I walked out of the room and to the kitchen as I began smelling food cooking.

   "Good morning, Perrie," Jade greeted me when I walked in.

   "Good morning. How'd you know I forgot to bring clothes into the bathroom?" I laughed.

   "I heard you leave. I didn't hear any drawers open," she smiled and I smiled back.

   I glanced down at the bruise on my neck. "You marked me," I commented.

   "You love it," she giggled, and I nodded.