Two

I nodded allowing the small girl inside. "Come with me. I'll get you some dry clothes." I lead her to the bathroom and told her to stay there so she won't get everything wet while I grabbed the clothes.

    Judging by looks, she looked like she would fit into my size clothes. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a graphic tee that read "Catch me if you can" out of my closet. I sat the pepper spray I was holding into one of my bedroom drawers.

   When I walked back into the bathroom, the girl had the toilet paper strewn across the floor with the end in her hand, and she was trying to remove the smeared makeup from her face.

    "Here's some clothes. I'll leave you to change. Just put your wet ones in the bathtub and they'll air-dry overnight. Oh, and here's some makeup remover wipes," I gestured to the little container on the sink. "It'll get that off a lot better than that toilet paper will."

    She looked at me confused for a moment before nodding her head and mumbling, "Thank you."

   "I'll wait for you in the living room," I said as I closed the door. What was I doing? Could I get arrested for kidnapping? What if she turns out to be a murderer? I know nothing about this girl yet I let her into my home, but I couldn't just let her outside in the storm.

I made two mugs of hot chocolate before the girl came out of the bathroom. When she did, she was makeup free and in my clothes. The clothes were only slightly baggy, but still fit her well.

    "You have no idea how much irony is in this shirt you gave me," was the first thing she said to me, and I looked at her with a puzzled look, and she just chuckled and shook her head.

    "I made you some hot chocolate, but be careful, it's hot," I said handing over her mug. She nodded, and I continued talking. "So I'm going to need an explanation, or at least I'm going to need some reassurance. Did you run away? From parents? From your boyfriend?" I asked waiting for an answer.

    "It's nothing like that," she shook her head.

    "Are you sure? I don't want an angry boyfriend knocking on my door, and I definitely do not want to get arrested for kidnapping," I said with a serious tone.

    "I'm sure. You don't have anything to worry about. I'm an adult, and I just needed some place to go. It was too cold outside," Her tone sounded confident which was a good sign.

    "Can you give me any insight of what happened to you?" I questioned.

    She shook her head and answered, "I can't, and I'm sorry. I wish I could, but please trust me. I can't give you an explanation right now, but hopefully you have some reassurance,"

    "Right now? So you will tell me later?"

    She hesitated, but then slowly nodded, and I smiled. "And, uh, thank you for everything you have done. I really appreciate it." She smiled a sweet smile. I smiled too, and for the first time I actually got a good look at her. She had beautiful brown eyes, and prominent cheekbones. She could pull off any clothing you could hand her, and she was so alluring. She was alluring enough that she almost gained all of my trust right there, but I couldn't shake the doubts and fears that held back my trust.

    "And, uh, what's your name?" she asked; her voice broke me out of my trance.

    "I'm Perrie, Perrie Edwards," I smiled. "And you?"

    "Jade Thirlwall," she smiled.

    "Okay, Jade, I'm going to trust you, so please don't break that trust. You can sleep in the guest bedroom," I hesitantly said. She nodded, and I stood up, leading Jade and I to the guest bedroom.

    "Goodnight, Perrie," She called as I exited the room.

    "Goodnight, Jade," I called back.

   I took our empty mugs to the kitchen and washed them off, and then I walked into my room and changed into my pajamas. I checked my phone for the time: 3:48 AM. I climbed into bed and set my alarm. I have to go to work tomorrow, and I already know coffee will have to be my best friend.

When I awoke the next morning, I decided I'd give Leigh-Anne a call to see how she was doing after her drunken adventure.

"Hey, Perrie," she groaned.

"Hungover, are you? I guess you should've listened to me last night," I chuckled.

"You have no idea," she groaned again. "Can you cover for me at work?"

"I am your best friend, but I am also your boss. Take some painkillers, and come into work today please," I chuckled.

"It's not only that. Hank, or whatever his name is, crashed the car last night. He got ejected from the car and died on scene. I have some cuts and bruises, and I had to stay at the hospital last night, so they could do some tests, but the doctors told me that I'm fine, and I can go home, but it's a miracle that I'm alive."