49

Nadia

Last night after dinner we all hung out in the family room and watched a silly movie. In all honesty, I couldn't tell you what it was called or what it was about because I was too preoccupied with Gilinsky. He held me throughout the whole movie and the only thing I could think about was my head against his chest and the feeling of his heartbeat.

It felt so good to be close to him, to be able to cuddle him even though everyone else was around. We ended up telling them we were together before the movie started. They congratulated us and left it at that, I guess they kind of figured that was coming, although I was wondering if it ever would.

After the movie everyone went their separate ways. I asked Hannah if she wanted to sleep over but she turned me down and ended up getting a ride home from Sam. I really want to know what was up between those two. I thought she was starting to like Jack? Sure, before New York I would've gotten a kick out of Hannah taking Sam to prom, but things are different now.

Once Sam and Hannah left Jack stayed with Mom in the family room and they talked. I was tempted to hide in the stairwell to ease drop, but I knew what they'd be talking about was personal, and something that was just for the two of them to hear, so instead I slinked up to my room with Gilinsky in tow - not that I had a problem with that.

We ended up making out again, things getting a little more heated than they did prior to dinner. This time both of our shirts made it off, and I never knew that I could feel so comfortable while being so exposed.

It reminded me of how I felt when we were at the hotel pool and we kissed for the second time. It seemed like ages ago while in reality it was only a week or two. We've come so far, and it makes me glad to have met Gilinsky in the first place. If it weren't for him I have no idea where I'd be.

As I slide out of bed to get ready for the day, I can't wipe the smile that's plastered on my face. Thinking about him makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, as girly and pathetic as it sounds.

Being with him before we were boyfriend and girlfriend was great. The kisses were passionate, our bodies pressed together felt like fireworks, his eyes were beautiful, his hair was soft. But being with him now that we're boyfriend and girlfriend seemed to double all the emotions I had for him before.

There's just something about putting a label on us that made it feel more real.

"Nadia?" Mom knocks on my door.

"Hmmmm?" I hum, still giddy as I think about last night and the way Gilinsky's callused hands felt against the bare skin just under my bra.

I close my eyes and lean my head back, willing to relive it for a moment. I almost let out a moan but then I realize Mom has walked in. She cocks an eyebrow at me and I try not to blush, of course I fail.

"Everything okay?"

I nod, widening my eyes so I look more innocent despite the dirty thoughts that just went through my head.

"You ready to go dress shopping with Hannah?" She leans against the door frame.

"You're not taking me?" I ask.

She shakes her head and frowns. "Work." She's been working a lot lately. More than usual, and that's saying a lot. "But make sure you send me a picture when you pick one out."

"Of course," I say, walking over to her and giving her a hug.

I know she's upset she can't come with me, I'm upset too.

Yesterday they wouldn't let her off to see her own son for the first time since he ran away, and now today they won't let her off to spend a day dress shopping with her daughter. I know for a fact she worked her ass off while I was in New York since I wasn't working at the pool to make any money for us. Why can't they cut her a break?