20

Trust me, I knew kissing Nadia would feel good, but nothing prepared me for how good it actually felt to finally do it.

 As soon as I move forward to let my lips fall onto hers her breath hitches and my heart stops. She stands frozen for a couple of seconds, not sure of what to do. I'm afraid she's going to pull back and slap me, but instead she raises her arms and wraps them securely around my neck. 

I let my hands find their way to her waist, digging my fingers into the material of this stupid ass cock-blocking lifevest. I can't believe she put on all of this shit. I'm about to laugh into the kiss but Nadia's hands start moving again, making my head spin. She grips hard onto my shoulders, dipping her neck as I deepen the kiss. I let my hands roam up and down her sides, but it's not like she can feel it through the jacket, and it's not like I can feel her through it either. 

Her hands slide down onto my chest and she grips my t-shirt, pulling me in closer. I move forward and accidentally step on the stupid fucking flippers she's wearing. Why the hell did Nate have all this shit in his apartment anyway? He never goes swimming. 

"Fuck," I whisper, taking my lips off of hers. Our foreheads smack into each other but it doesn't hurt. The handle to the pot she's wearing hits me on the top of my head. I reach up and throw it off, letting it crash to the floor. 

Nadia's breathing hard. I wet my lips, quickly undoing the buckles on the lifevest. Her breath is hot on my lips as she sighs. I let out a small groan and push the jacket off her shoulders. As soon as her body is free I'm tempted to wrap her up in my arms, but I still have to take off all of the other crazy shit she has on. I'm going to kill Nate.

"Sorry," she murmurs, pulling off her gloves. She bends down to take off her flippers, kicking them to the side. The second she stands back up I'm pressing my lips to her cheek then quickly moving back to her lips. This feels so right. Kissing Nadia feels so damn right.

Nadia

I can't breathe but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop kissing Jack. His kisses are fast. I try to match his speed, gripping onto his arms. It's so nice to actually feel his skin, those damn gloves were annoying as hell. His hair is warm, his neck is warm, his shirt is warm, he's warm all over and there's no doubt that I am too.

I'm thankful he got rid of the lifevest for me, I wish I never put it on in the first place. I love the way his chest feels against mine. 

As time passes there's no way I can last much longer without getting a sufficient amount of oxygen in my lungs. I pull away, gasping for air.

"Nadia," Jack says, his breathing also erratic.

"Was this the counterattack?" I joke, smiling. I can't help but act giddy.

Jack smiles too. "You know it," he says.

We stand in silence, staring at each other. I can't figure out if it's awkward silence or normal silence. It doesn't feel awkward but what if Jack thinks it's awkward? What are people supposed to do after they make out!?

"It's late," Jack tells me, biting his lip. It make me want to kiss him again, but I don't.

"Yeah, I should get to bed," I agree.

"Me too."

I purse my lips and start moving backwards. "Okay, well goodnight."

"Sweet dreams."

"Mhm." I turn around on the balls of my feet and push open my bedroom door, practically falling into the room. "Bye!" I say, shutting the door behind me. I'm so stupid. Bye? Bye????? Who says bye to a person who isn't going anywhere? I nod my head and take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. 

I go over everything that just happened in my head, my cheeks heating up. Jack and I made out. In the kitchen of his - well his and Nate's - apartment. What the fucking hell?

"So?" Hannah's voice pops out at me. I jump.

"Shit, Hannah!" I shout, almost falling back. She scared me half to death. I forgot she even existed. I forgot anyone but Jack and I even existed.

"That good, huh?" She asks, a smirk on her face.

"You." I shake my head at her but I can't hide my smile. "You shut your mouth."

"We're talking about this."

"We are not!" I argue, laughing. "I'm going to sleep."

"In the morning we're talking about this."

"In your dreams."

"I'm pretty sure you're going to be in Jack's dreams tonight, not mine."

"I hate you, goodnight," I say, sliding into the bed next to her. I'm too lazy to put on different clothes.

"I know you wish you were sharing a bed with Jack right now and not me, but don't take your anger out on me!" Hannah teases. 

"Oh my god I said goodnight!" I complain, smacking her shoulder. 

She laughs. "Sweet dreams."

"Die," I say, closing my eyes.

"You don't mean that," she says, pulling up the covers. She's right, I don't. I secretly love the teasing. I secretly love the fact that she has a real reason to be teasing me about Jack now. I'm happy. And for the first time in a long time I do have sweet dreams. And it's perfect.

__________________

OK OK i know this chapter was super short and super mushy but i mean c'mon you gotta admit it was a nice chapter. i wanted to get the romance part of the story started bc i know i must've been boring some of you with all the talk about finding johnson and all that but don't worry for those of you who like that part of the story better bc next chapter everything will be right on track!! thanks for reading and chapter 21 will be up soon, don't forget to comment or vote or whatever you'd like.

- gilinskyshigh