Epilogue: New Beginnings (Authors Note)

'Today is the day... Well actually more like 10 minutes from now is the start, but whatever. I'm doing this, walking down the aisle, saying 'I Do', starting a new chapter. I never thought it would be like this. Maybe it's that I thought I would never get married especially after seeing what happened to my parents. But I've got the examples of Al and Maggie, Sam and Tiff, Kenny and Gemma. Hunter and Leah is going to work out. We may not be anyone's "one true pair" but we get to be something and that is special. I don't know what's going to happen a week from now, a year from now, or even tomorrow. But I know I'm going to be okay. I'm going to be happy. I'm not stuck in neutral anymore, I'm charging full speed ahead. Al is telling me it's time to get to in line, Lynette is already crying, and Maggie doesn't look like she is going to make it. I'm surrounded by the people who love me most and I'm about to marry the person who loves me even more than they do. Okay, Al is threatening me he must be nervous. I'll finish off and I have no clue when I will pick up again. Maybe I'm done with this journal and this part of my life but whatever comes next I know that I will never again wish myself invisible.'

Hurriedly I snapped the notebook shut and slipped it into Maggie's large purse along with the pen.

"Come on!" Al urges and I stand, taking his arm.

"You sound just like my father." I giggle a little and smile at him.

"Shut up and get in line." He retorts with a grin.

"Oh, now you sound like my cousin again. Like when you pushed me down some stairs and laughed and told me to walk it off." I hold back a laugh as his face turns red.

"We've come a long way since then." He retorts and pulls me over to the end of the line of people waiting for the music.

I take a shaky breath as the first set is given the go ahead. I hope Maggie doesn't fall apart walking down the aisle. I start to shift and bounce uneasily.

"Hey," Al hisses as the last set leaves and the next song starts, my song, Only You, "walk it off." He grins widely and I smile back.

The doors open and I step into the next chapter of my life.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

A/n: thank you to those of you who stuck with me this whole time. Thank you for supporting me, for believing in my writing abilities as well as investing time and emotion into characters I worked so hard to develop. I know Leah's story ends with a large and unsolved question, you want to know what happens next, right? Well that is up to you. Imagine whatever you want for her future, for Hunah's life and I hope it's a good one. My favorite book ends with the line 'and they all lived happily, until they died.' I feel like this is applicable in this situation. So many choices, so many possibilities. I cannot just hold them down to one fate, that is their choice. I thank you again for your dedication to my stories and I wish you the best of luck in your imaginings. -Melia