Chapter 42 Still Going

"Aren't you sticking around?" Tiffany asks as the show ends and I am putting on my coat.

"Um..." I look over to where Hunter was sitting just a few minutes ago. "I don't think so." My thoughts are in turmoil right now and I feel like I'm experiencing the song 'I'm All Shook Up' my hands are shaking and my knees are weak. I'm clutching the back of my chair as I stand up.

"What did you think of the show?" Sam creates small conversation as he starts up the car.

"It was amazing, thanks for making me go tonight."

I let Tiffany take over the conversation all the rest of the way home, my brain still turning in my mind, filled up with all of the developments in the last couple of hours.

Slipping upstairs I change into a pair of flannel blue pajamas and pull my hair out of its confines. I hug my knees to my chest and stare straight ahead for a few minutes. "Come in!" I yell at the person knocking on my door.

"Hey." Tiffany opens the door enough to squeeze through. "So..." She all but runs over to my bed and leaps on the end, her face beaming brighter than the sun. "What happened???"

I bury my face in my knees. "Are you my mom or my sister or my friend right now?"

"I'm dying is what I am!" She laughs.

"Are you hoping for a boy or girl?"

"Don't try to change the subject! Spill!"

I giggle and peek out at her, my cheeks flame red. "I kissed him." And back my face goes into my hidden position.

She screams a little and grabs my knees, pulling them away from my face.

"Tiff, quit!"

"I knew! The second I saw you dancing together at my wedding!" She bounces while remaining seated and I shake as I am jostled.

"Quit!"

"Sorry." She removes her hands and smiles to herself. "I'm just so happy for you. I don't have to find you a date for Kenny's wedding now."

"Hold up! No one can know! You can't tell anyone!"

"Really Leah, we aren't in middle school."

"Says the 27 year old bouncing on my bed." I smirk before returning to being serious. "I can't tell anyone because I can't take the media, they messed me up enough."

"That was so long ago, you're different."

"Tiff I'm serious." I blink back tears.

"Fine. But..." She stands and straightens her top. "I think when you're ready you'll tell the world because in the end, you'll find that when you're in love you don't care who knows. You just want to show everyone that you're happy and that you can make someone happy. That's how it was with Sam and I."

"What?"

She rolls her eyes, "my dad threatened to cut me off so many times, Sam and I dated in secret for almost a year."

"What changed?"

"Nothing, we just figured out that love was enough... And look at us now. My parents adore him, and they will love him even more for giving them their first grandchild."

I'm about to answer when I get the sound of a text notification on my phone.

H- 'come to your window.'

I make a face and get out of bed.

"What?" Tiffany asks as I cross the room as pull the curtain aside.