I'm his Littler Sister, I know just how much of a jerk Remiel can be. But he's my Big Brother, and I love him. Please, I don't want my best friend and my Brother to hate each other.

Lane turned around, looking for the sound of the voice, but there was none. What shocked her more, was when she realized it sounded like a young girl.

It upsets you this much Laney? 

The next voice sounded little a teenage boy. Lane placed her hand on her forehead and shut her eyes, hoping the sounds would go away. Instead, she saw a picture.

   There was a small boy sitting on front of her, with shaggy black hair that was disheveled. He had luminescent green eyes, and an olive complexion. He looked to be in his early teens, and he was wearing a pair of human pants, which fit him snugly. He wore no shirt, which showed that even at a young age, he had a muscular body. He must have been worked really hard, started being taught at a young age.

"Yes, it does. You both mean a lot to me. And just today, Remiel told me that i must choose between you two."

Lane had been the person talking, she was a young girl. She looked down and saw that she was wearing the normal white gown that most young female Angels wore, and her hair was hanging loose over her shoulder. She wore no shoes, and her hands were folded neatly in her lap.

The boy looked at Lane, confusion and anger plainly showing on his face.

"Why does it matter to you what he thinks? He hates you Lane, Zachriel and Uriel love you, and they both seem to get along fine with me. So why does he hate me so? I've been here with and for you since day one, while he's out training. I have protected you. He has not!"

Lane felt a heavy weight on her chest, and she realized she was sad. It had been a long time since she had felt sadness, but to this younger version of her it seemed usual.

"I still love him, no matter how cruel he is to me. You don't have a choice but to stay with me, to protect me. I was selfish and I got your choice taken from you, for that I will forever be regretful. You are still my best friend though, and no matter how stubborn and hard headed Remiel can be, I don't believe that he hates me. He is the youngest boy, he was the baby before I was born."

The young boy grimaced in disgust, showing off a set of perfectly white teeth, and fangs. Who, and what, was this boy?

"That gives him no right to make you cry. I've seen you cry yourself to sleep at night over the things Remiel says and does. I hate him for doing that to you."

Lane smiled sadly, "But I do not."

There was another sharp pain, and then another picture emerged in Lane's thoughts.

  There was a little girl in a hospital bed. She had curly brown hair that seemed to lie flat, she was skinny and Lane could tell she was weak. There were many machines and tubes hooked up to her, but the little girl didn't seem to notice. Her brown eyes were watching Lane, full of wonder.

"Have you come to take me away?" The little girl whispered. 

Lane had been sent her on a task, she was to find out who had abused this little girl, but that was all. She had already found out the attacker, so now she should leave, but she couldn't. The little girl was little at her with those sad, hopeful eyes.

Lane shook her head, she couldn't speak. A lump had formed in her throat, and the burning in her eyes was a threat of tears.

The little girl's eye lit up, and she smile. "So I get to stay with my mummy and daddy?"

Another wave of sadness stopped Lane from speaking, so she just nodded once again. She knew what she was doing was wrong, but this little girl deserved to live.

Lane held out her hand, and the little girl placed her own tiny hand into Lane's. Heat pulsed through Lane, and she heard the girl gasp. She knew the girl was watching the golden glow surrounding Lane, and she could momentarily see Lane's Angel form, her white wing which were speckled with silver and her hair which look like it was glowing. Her eyes were now silver.

It only took a moment for Lane to heal the girl, even though her wounds were fatal. She watched as the girl's cheeks became flushed, and her hair became volumized. Her skin seemed to have the glow of youth back into it.

Lane smiled and stepped back, the little girl's eyes were now closed and she was in a deep sleep. She heard a beeping sound and then steps running down the hall. She stepped back into the sunsine which was pouring in through the windows. The light hid her from the view of humans. Her power was still creating a glow around her, and it was noticeable to humans, even though she was hidden from their naked eye.

The little girl would remember nothing, she would think it was just a dream. Whatever punishment Lane went through, saving this little girl would be worth it.

She stayed and watched the wounds heal, she stayed to watch the mother come in and weep with joy over her sleeping child.

She stayed until the pain began. It was like a strong tugging sensation that caused pain throughout her whole body. Lane took a deep breath, and followed the tug.

She ended up in the Hall of the Angels, standing on front of the Order of Archangels. They were all looking down at her.

There were five Archangels in the Order, and she knew every single one of them. Her brother, Remiel, was one of them. The fact she was here, meant her punishment was much worse than she had thought.

Michael, the oldest Archangel, looked down at Lane with pity filling his green eyes. Those eyes reminded her so much of Rummy.

"Laneene, Daughter of Raphael and the human Amore, you have committed a crime of which you can not be forgiven so easily. Your punishment is to be sent to Earth until your Judgement Day, you shall become a Fallen Angel and you will protect humans from Fallen."

Lane couldn't breathe, she felt her eyes widen as the moved from Michael to look at Remiel, whose face was blank. He showed no emotion.

Lane was being sent to Earth, for as long as her Father saw fit. Lane fought the tears, she would not show weakness.

"When do I leave?" Her voice was full of false strength. 

"You leave immediately. Your Shadow will follow you. Good luck, Laneene, may our Father Bless you, because you will need it."

   Lane opened her eyes, a well of human emotions causing her to kneel on the floor. It took a moment for her to realize that she was cradling her hand to her chest.

What the hell had that been? Those had seemed like memories, but they were off from what she remembered.

Had the two beings in the apartment been messing with her thoughts?

That had to be it, there was no way those were her memories. It seemed as if she had been willing to do anything for humans, but she knew better.

Since she was younger she had hated humans, because her mother was a human. Lane had never met her mother, she had been abandoned and sent to heaven to grow up with her three much older brothers, who had made her life horrible.

Her two older brothers had vanished during the Great War, and only Remiel had been left. He had mentally and physically abused her every night, and Lane had never said a word. No one had ever believed her. 

She wasn't the same little girl anymore though. She needed to walk into that apartment and show her Older Brother that she was a force to be reckoned with now.

Lane opened the door.