I Can't Let My Family Pay For What I Did

(Chapter 4)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John's Pov

After I got home my mom was waiting for me in the living room I didn't really feel like talking to her but she made me sit we sat in silence for what seemed like years but in reality it's only been 5 minutes she wouldn't say anything she just looked at me and she looked very disappointed but at the same time she looked like she was trying to break some very difficult news to me.

"John something happened last night and well it might affect your relationship with Nicole

"John something happened last night and well it might affect your relationship with Nicole." She said and I scoffed at the word.

"Relationship? Mom you're forcing me to marry her, what kind of relationship is that?" I said back at her and she didn't look all to happy with me.

"John look this is very important." She said sitting up she stayed quite again but this time I was getting annoyed.

"Look it's obviously not that important so I'm going to go upstairs when you have the time to tell me then tell me." I said getting up.

"Her grandfather died last night in his sleep." She said as I reached the stairs and I just stood there in shock.

"What?" I said turning back to her.

"Her mother called me last night and told me the devastating news they have hold off on telling her and Brianna because well he was their world and we don't want to cause Brianna any unneeded stress." She said as I sat next to her.

"How does that affect my "relationship" with Nicole." I said hoping that this meant I could get out of marrying her.

"Well her parents seem to think that hearing these devastating news night make her not want to get married for a while." My mom said I was so happy this gave me time to figure out how to get rid of her once and for all not kill her of course just sow thing so I won't have to marry her.

"Okay so it's not like I was looking forward to this marriage." I said getting up when she pulled me back down.

"Listen John this marriage is necessary for our family." She said looking angry at me.

"Why?" I said.

"Your brothers made some bad investments and well to make a long story short were going broke." She said I was shocked my family was loosing all of its money.