Could She Be The Woman I'll Be Marrying

(Chapter 1)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John's Pov

Today was the end of my life as I knew it, today I would be meeting the woman I would be spending the rest is my life with it isn't fair that they get to choose who I have to marry I know it's been done that way for years but why does it have to continue? Can't they see that's it's wrong? I don't want to marry who ever they picked for me I don't know who she is but I know I won't love her. How could I even know what love is when we were never allowed to date because of this day. I turned 21 last month and now I'm getting married in 4 months to a girl I don't even know. I could know her but that doesn't mean I'll love her. I wish they pick Barbra Blank also known as Barbie she's pretty and sweet I've had a crush on her since I was 5 but knowing my family they won't pick her and it's not even my parents who get to choose its my grandpa and grandma who will choose my wife I'm not happy about any of this but what can I do? If I leave I get cut off finically and it would be fine with me except for the fact that I have no where to live, no one who can help me and I wouldn't even be able to get a job because my parents and the family of the girl I'm forced to marry would probably stop it at any cost so that I won't have anything and I'll come back.

"Come on John the party is about to start." My mom yelled from downstairs.

I sighed and walked down stairs to see all my family my mom, dad, and brother who were all with their wives except my youngest brother it wasn't his turn yet how lucky was he.

We all got in the limo and drove off to the location of the party which I didn't even know where it would be because I wasn't allowed to know so obviously I assumed that it would be at her house. I was looking out the window when I saw that we pulled up into Barbie's house I got so excited was this the woman I would be marrying?

When we pulled up to the front door Barbie was standing out there in a white and gold dress, that has to be a sign right? The bride wears white. We all got out and she had a bright smile.

"Hi welcome

"Hi welcome." She said hugging us all.

"Barbie why don't you look gorgeous." My mom said looking at her.

"Thanks I just wanted to be he one to welcome you especially since well you're giving me a husband." She said happy I smiled at her and she smiled back could she really be the one.

"Oh sweetie it was all your parents but come one we'll talk more later." My dad said as soon as I walked in I noticed another girl in red I know it might not seem weird but she was the only one in red everyone else was in a specific color but no one was wearing white or red.