Raine took a long drag of her cigarette and blew the smoke away. Raine tugged on the belt of Chris' black cotton trench coat and pulled her close.

Raine whispered into the shorter woman's ear, "You'll second-guess yourself later."

The corner of Chris' lip raised as she lightly pushed her away, "Bring it on."

Chris' earthy gaze shifted downward. Raine's platinum blonde hair fell over the collar of her stylish grey coat marked with silver zippers and asymmetric folds. The coat hugged her chest and hips in a way that reminded Chris of the roundness of Raine's ass and how incredibly smooth the back of taller woman's legs were.

"Oh, I know," Raine purse her lips into a small mischievous smile upon noticing the trance Chris was in.

Back at Raine's dorm, they feasted on takeout with Super Smash Bros loaded on the tv screen. During lunch, they sat side by side on the couch as they went over the feedback they received on the first part of their assignment and chatted about how they would proceed with the actual interviews.

Chris ate slowly as if she was calculating how many bites she was having while Raine indulged herself with mouthfuls of food. To Raine, the amount Chris ate was near nothing. Raine, on the other hand, nearly demolished all of the dishes.

Raine pushed the rest of the plates away from her and contently sighed, "I'm in a food coma."

Chris stared at Raine with wide eyes. How does someone eat so much food without feeling gross after?

Chris threw one of the controllers over onto Raine's lap, "Well you better not use that as an excuse for losing."

"For that, I'm going to annoy the crap out of you," Raine smiled and then added, "Winner gets to do whatever they want to the loser."

Chris ran a hand through the shaved sides of her head and playfully said, "Well that's awfully vague..."

Raine was quite fond of Chris' new haircut. It gave her an edgy androgynous look that was balanced out by her soft earthy gaze.

"Let me rephrase." Raine shuffled herself into a cross legged position on the couch and narrowed her eyes at the competition. "Raine gets to fuck Chris' brains out after she wins."

Chris smiled to herself triumphantly. While Chris was pleased that Raine's thoughts about their last encounter seemed mutual, she couldn't imagine Raine being the more aggressive top.

"Whatever, pillow queen, you're going down," Chris said full of attitude.

Raine gasped as her jaw elongated into an oval, "What? Oh, no you didn't!"

It was on. Raine played as Bowser and Chris played as Pikachu. As the two battled each other, they yelled obscenities at the screen.

"For fucks sake, quit it with the non-stop thunderbolts!" Raine growled as she smashed her buttons to try to get her character away from the bolts of lightning above the tiny yellow creature's head.

"It's not my fault that your character is a fatass and gets caught in everything," Chris chuckled as she watched Bowser spin in its shell.

And so they continued on.

Raine's eyes were glued to the screen as her character pounded its opponent, "Take that little yellow rat!"

Chris squealed in defeat as her character went flying off the screen and then cried, "You squished my Pikachu! You jerk."

"Relax Chris, you're just salty," Raine said as a huge grin crawled onto her face before she turned off the TV.

Chris looked as if she'd tasted something sour, "That sounds utterly disgusting," she said and then pondered for a moment before she continued with a raised eyebrow, "Are you calling me sweaty?"

Raine tried to stifle her laugh by holding her mouth closed, but she burst out in hysterical high pitched laughter until her face turned pink.

Chris' face relaxed into a smile as she shook her head at the younger woman. When the laughter died, Raine pulled her own hair to the side and let it fall over her grey hoody and white undershirt.

"Salty means you're bitter," Raine grinned.

"Ah," Chris nodded and smiled at how unbelievably cute Raine was when she laughed.

Chris felt her chest tighten when she caught Raine's blue gaze and leaned in halfway. Raine's contact lenses reminded Chris of a million pieces of shattered blue diamonds drowning in a pond too small to house them.

"You know, I can stare at you forever," Chris said in a near whisper.

Raine swallowed and said solemnly, "Forever is a long time," as she closed the distance and their lips met with the softest greeting.

How could such words (Forever is a long time) be so sweet and fucked up at the same time?