Chapter 21

Alex

I was awaken by someone breathing on my chest. I felt a weight on half my body. I could feel the heat radiating from the other person. Their hair that smelled like vanilla was tickling my nose. I knew that smell anywhere. That smell always had a sweet comfort. It was Seraphina. This girl is driving me crazy. She can be so annoying and she knows exactly how to piss me off but she makes me feel comfortable all at the same time. I open my eyes to actually see her angelic face sleeping peacefully. I see her stir a little bit and this line appears between her eyebrows when she scrunches her nose. She tries to find a comfortable spot on my chest but with no luck she just lays beside me so her face is crooked in my neck. Our legs are tangled together and my chin is on her head. She started to stir again so I wrapped my arm around her waist and held her tighter.

"Mmmm what time is it?" She mumbled into my chest. I looked beyond her at the mahogany nightstand next to her bed. On top sat an alarm clock that read 7:49 am.

"7:49." I said

"Ugh too early." She said. I snuggled my face into her hair. We laid there in silence. None of us saying anything that would ruin the peaceful silence. We must have laid there for five more minutes before there was small banging on her door.

"Sera I can't find Alex. Have you seen him?" Melanie asked.
I smiled thinking about the little girl that has started to grow on me. Seraphina looked up at me and smiled.

"No why?" Seraphina yelled back so Mel can hear her.

"Today is Neveha's birthday and Ma says you have to get her the presents. I want to invite Alex so we can all go." She said.

"Shit I forgot" Seraphina said.

"Oooo that's another dollar in the swear jar."

"Mel just go get ready and after I'm done changing I'll help you look for him." Seraphina yelled clearly frustrated.

"Okay" she said running off.

Seraphina huffed and turned towards me so that we were facing each other. I looked down at her pink plump lips. I leaned in to close the space and she does too. Before I knew it I felt her lips against mine. We moved perfectly together. She moved her hand around my neck and moved even closer if that were possible.The kiss was short but amazing. I pulled away and she smiled. She got up and I quickly grabbed her wrist.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Alex I have to get ready, when you shop for or with a Delmonte lady it will take you forever." She said winking at me.

"I guess I'll go get ready too." I said standing up and heading out of her room.

As I closed the door to Seraphina's room I saw Amethyst come out of her room. She raised her eyebrow at me and smirked. I gave her a confused look and walked straight into my room.

Seraphina

I walked into my closet looking for something to wear. As I finished putting on a matching set of white bra and underwear, I heard my door open and close.

"Sera?" I heard Amethyst yell.

"In here" I said and a few moments later she appears by the doorway. Amethyst and I have been best friends for a long time and we have seen each other almost naked. Not in a creepy way.

"So did I just see Alex come out of your room a few minutes ago? Did he sleep here with you? OMG did you bang him?" She rambled.

"Wow hold on one question at a time. Yes he did just come out of my room. Yes he did sleep here and no I did not sleep with him." I answered as I slipped on a pair of white skinny jeans and a white crop top.