Confrontation

Liv's POV

When we came home to New York, I just wanted to do one thing before I went to the cancer hospital.  It was I guess, my form of coming to terms with things.  "Madison Gates Cemetery?" Rick asked as we pulled up.  "Y-yeah.  Go ahead and go back to the loft and get settled back in.  I might be here awhile.  I'll call you later." I said as I got out of the car.  Castle grabbed my wrist and stopped me.  "Liv?  Don't do anything you'll regret.  Okay?" he asked.  "I promise." I said with a weak smile.  He still didn't know this was where they buried my mother.

I got out of the car and took nothing but myself and my phone.  I had to come to terms with this.  There was the high possibility that I was going to die from this tumor.  The doctor at the hospital in California didn't flat out tell me that I would die, but I figured it out.  The nerves that Beckett had, sympathetic looks I was given, it was all evidence.  I honestly thought that at least the team would have figured out that I knew.  I mean after all, I am a detective.  I'm supposed to look for evidence!

I had been here a few times, usually by myself.  There was one time that Lanie came looking for me and found me here.  She's seen my mom's grave, she's seen me cry here.  I made my way over to where her grave was.  Avery LeeAnn Belle.  There was something by it though.  It looked like someone had also seen her.  That wasn't usual.  Unless Jennifer and Chloe made a visit here, but that wouldn't make sense.  They're in like Minnesota or some state.

Being the detective I was, I put on my blue gloves before looking at it.  As I got closer, I realized someone had taped a picture to her gravestone.  Did someone have a picture of her from when she was younger?  That wouldn't make sense either.  I bent down and nearly threw up.  It wasn't a picture of her.  

It was a picture of a young me.

I remember when that picture was taken

I remember when that picture was taken.  I was nine years old standing outside a museum.  My mom was chaperoning that school field trip.  How could someone get this picture?  I don't even remember her ever developing any pictures.  She normally kept them on the SD cards or in the computer, but God knows where either of those could be.

I picked the note off the gravestone.  I could see on the glare the time stamp for it being developed.  It was developed today.  Somebody found the SD card and developed this picture.  In the fading light, I could also see that there was writing on the back. I flipped it over and almost threw up for the second time in five minutes.

'For Olivia, I'll be waiting.'

Someone could easily mistake this as a picture that my mother would have wanted on here.  A picture that someone could mistake the message as "I'll be waiting for you up there." or something.  No.  I had seen this hand writing.  Beckett showed me the case files on him.  They had his handwriting down to a science.  

Jerry Tyson.

I almost started to hyperventilate.  He found this picture, developed it today, and somehow knew I would be here today.  He was good.  He tracked me like an animal.  He's probably waiting for me now.  As much as I just wanted to visit my mother, have my time with her.  I couldn't not now.  I was silently praying that Castle was his typical self and stayed behind for me.

"Olivia?" I heard form behind me.  I froze in my tracks.  I silently cursed myself for not having my gun nor badge on me.  I had my phone and if I was careful, could probably speed dial Castle for help.  I already had my hands on my pockets.  I opened my phone and slid to the right for emergency dial.  I had my phone locks and mechanics down.  I hit the number 2 and the call button.  It only took a few seconds, but it felt like forever.

I swallowed my fear and turned around.  I could barely hear the call tone from my jacket pocket.  "Hi Tyson." I said sternly.  "Been waiting for you.  After all this time I would finally finish my fourth set of kills.  You hold a special place in my heart though.  So did your mother, so it was great to see her die.  You caught the killer, but you never really did.  Did you Olivia?  Or do you want to be called 'Beckett' or 'Castle'?" he asked.  

"I will destroy you." I stated firmly.  Come on Castle!  For the love of God, pick the damn phone up or take a damn hint!  "No.  Now, I'm gonna come over to you.  I'm gonna take you to my car.  You're gonna get in, and not say anything.  Pull any stunts and I will not hesitate to shoot you." he said as he made his 45 very noticeable.  "Fine.  But Jerry Tyson why did you have to deface my mother's grave?" I asked loudly.  If Castle had picked up, he would know who was here and where I was.

"Cause I knew you would come here.  I mean you would want to see her before you had to go to the hospital right?" he asked.  "You knew I was there?" I asked.  "Yeah.  It was kind of funny all the times I was right in front of you and you were too stupid to see it." he spat at me.  "Kind of funny that you were such a pussy and didn't kill me the first time you had me!  What was it Tyson?  We're  you scared?  Scared of me?  You wouldn't be the first." I snapped.

I could tell Castle had picked up.  My phone would vibrate ever so slightly when there were voices on the other end.  I could feel the vibrating.  He heard me.  He was gonna come and save me.  Please, God speed man!  "I was not scared.  Now you best follow me.  Now."  he demanded.  He came up right next to mean and I turned around with him.  He came up and placed the barrel of the gun into my side.  The loft was only ten minutes away.  I stalled for at least five.  Come on dude!

We were getting to the parking lot.  Castle's car wasn't there.  Shit!  Maybe he's just hiding with everyone else.  Yes, they have to be here.  Come on guys, gimme something I can hope for.  I heard a gun click and I prayed that it was Kate's and not Jerry's.  "You're gonna get in the back seat and lay down on your stomach.  Then I'm gonna zip tie your wrists and ankles.  Got it?" he asked.  I nodded and got into the car.  I laid down on my stomach and put my arms on my back.  Please let them show up.  I felt the zip tie tighten around my wrists as I heard sirens.

I felt myself be forcefully flipped over onto my back.  Hitting the zip tie and wrists with force stung like a bitch!  "Who'd you call?!" he demanded.  I stayed silent.  He grabbed me, slapped me across the face, and then pointed the gun at me.  Damn, that hurt.  Time to stall Liv.  "You won't shoot me.  This is part of your pathetic game.  You didn't kill me last time, and you're too weak to kill me now.  You're gonna let them take me, just like they did last time.  Only here's the thing.  When they get me, they will also get you.  And you will die." I stated keeping a stern face.

The sirens were right next to us.  I knew he wouldn't do it.  I psyched him out.  He wasn't gonna pull the trigger.  "Jerry Tyson!  Get on the ground and drop the gun!" I heard Kate's voice yell.  He turned to face Beckett and I took my opportunity. 

He had forgotten to zip tie my legs.