Resurrection

Liv's POV

The Blinds were yesterday and I'm still trying to get over the fact that I have Adam Levine in my phone's contact list.  I mean, not many people can say that!  We have to leave California tomorrow morning, which I really don't wanna do.  It's so nice here.  You know besides the humidity, but it makes up for it with the ocean view our hotel room had.  Last night, we went and walked along side the ocean.  The Pacific Ocean!  Again, not a whole lot of people can say that they walked the Pacific Ocean at night.  

And it was so calm and peaceful.  Like nothing could ruin that moment.  Now see, that moment was fantastic and felt unreal.  Now, this felt all too real.  It was just Kate and I watching the news on her bed, while Rick tried to write a chapter, and Alexis was asleep.  I jumped when I felt my phone buzz beneath me.  I shifted around and pulled out my phone.  Actually, it was Kate's phone.  "Believe this is for you?" I said handing her the phone.  She took it and answered with the typical, "Beckett."

"We're fine."

"Tomorrow morning.  Why?"

"What?!"

"Across the damn country you gotta be kidding me?!  I thought we had him!"

I was getting more and more nervous at this phone call.  She was talking with Ryan, I had seen the called ID.  Was it work?  "Beckett what is it?" I asked quietly.  She held her finger up as a signal for me to be quiet and wait.  It had also drawn Castle's attention as he looked over at us taking the call.

"Well what do I tell her?  That everything was wrong?!"

"I know, I-I'm worried too."

"I'll tell her, yeah."

"I don't know.  He's not getting away again, though."

"Okay, we'll be back tomorrow afternoon."

"Okay, bye Ryan." 

"Beckett you wanna tell me what's going on?" I demanded.  She rubbed her temples with her thumb and pointer finger.  "Liv, you and I gotta talk.  Alone." she said, making the last part obvious to Castle.  "Hallway?" I suggested.  She nodded her head and I got off the bed.  As we went to the door, I saw her flick her hand and fingers in a certain way.  I saw the look on Rick's face, it wasn't something I would want to see.  I followed her into the hallway as she grabbed the door key.  "Go down a little bit, he'll try to listen." Kate said.

"What's 3xK?" I asked her as soon as we stopped.  "Um...Liv.  How do you?" she stuttered.  "I know sign language." I said quickly.  I flicked my two hands and fingers to say, "What the hell is going on?"  She smirked.  "Well, Liv...it's about your mother and Haley's case." she said looking around nervously.  "We closed that eight months ago." I said quickly.  "But we were only half right.  That guy, Kieth, was involved.  But also, there is someone we've been after for about a year before we met you."

"3xK?  Who is he or she or them?" I asked.  "His name is Jerry Tyson.  He kills people in threes.  And he's in the middle of the longest three three.  Your mother, Haley, and..." she trailed.  "Me." I finished.  Her expression showed I was right, but she didn't want to admit it.  "Just say it.  His three are my mother, Haley and me!  Don't try to shelter me!  He wants me dead, just say it!" I demanded.  "It's more than just that!" she said raising her voice.

"Not only does he kill in threes, but he started targeting those at the precinct.  I nearly lost my life to him, and so did Rick.  I can't let him hurt you.  And I'm worried about what's been going on.  If he is as determined as I know he is, he will look for you and will not stop.  What if he sees you on the show?  Liv, I'm just...very concerned." she said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Was Kieth hired by him?" I asked, not wanting to let my voice crack.  "Yes.  Kieth did kill your mother and sister.  But he was hired by Tyson.  But knowing Tyson...he wants you for himself.  He will not stop looking for you.  He probably knows where you are and he's just toying with us.  Liv, I don't think you can come back to the precinct." Kate said.

"What?!  No, you can't just do that.  I'm not gonna stop doing my job because this-this..." I said tripping over my words.  "Psycho that wants you dead?" Kate finished for me.  "Yeah, that." I snapped.  I started looking side to side.  Trying to avoid looking at Kate.  I swallowed and took a deep breath.  "Olivia." Beckett said.  I knew this was more than serious, she never called me Olivia.  I bit my lip and looked up at her.  True fear in her eyes.

"Kate...there have been many times I almost died.  I can't be afraid to die again." I whispered.  I spoke too soon though.  Something caught on the reflection of my glasses.  Something, I wasn't sure.  But I didn't have time to react.  I dropped to my knees as I felt a sharp pain pass though my lungs.  "Liv!  Castle!" I heard Kate scream.  I laid down and put my hand over the bullet hole.  It was a sniper.  I was hit by a sniper.  He knew where I was.  He wasn't afraid to kill me.  He was about to finish the job.  "Call 911!" Kate screamed as Castle ran out of the room towards me.

My breathing was getting shaky.  I wanted to close my eyes.  To die and let this be over.  Let him have his little victory.  Just leave my family alone.  If he has me, he'll leave the precinct alone.  "Liv, you need to look at me.  I don't care of you cuss me out just talk to me Liv!" Castle said as he looked me dead in the eyes.  "No, she was shot in her lungs.  If she talks it could kill her.  Just look at us Liv, Alexis is on the phone with the police.  They're sending an ambulance over now.  You're gonna be okay." Kate said.

"If I die..." I muttered.  "You're not gonna die.  Just look at us." Castle demanded.  I turned my head carefully and shakily and looked at them.  There was almost no way I could survive this.  I had to tell them.  To let them know.  I looked them dead in their eyes.  I took a deep breath, knowing this would take all of my energy.  They had to know.  They all had to know.

"Y-You need to k-know that I-I love you.  All o-of you.  Tell t-them all.  Espo.  R-Ryan.  La-Lanie.  A-Alexis.  Martha.  G-Gates.  Thank them.  I-I love y-you guys." I choked out.  I could hear the sirens, but they were going to be too late.  I was reflecting on my life.  Everything that happened in this life.  I was going to miss it, but I had come to terms with it.  I wasn't afraid.  Jerry Tyson couldn't hurt me anymore.  I was okay.

I was ready.

***

So I finally updated this with a big twist!  I hope you guys enjoy! I have big plans!