Chapter 9

"Are you sure you're ready baby?"

I nod, "yes father, I'm sure of it."

He takes a bite of his savory mochi and hums, "Kakashi's a good man." He reaches over and puts his hand on top of mine, "I have something to give you."

"What is it?" I ask.

He reaches into his sweatpants pocket and pulls out a small scroll, "this is the information on your special ability."

"I don't want it." I say quietly.

He looks at me, "Sora-"

I shake my head, "no, I don't want anything to happen to the people I love."

"Nothing will happen," he says quietly.

"That's what you said... But I bet mom wouldn't say the same," I say, my voice breaking.

He frowns, "Sora-"

I stand quickly, "no! I'm not a part of this clan. My last name isn't Yoshida, I don't have any special abilities, and I refuse to tangle myself up into this family related death trap. I care deeply for the people I love and I refuse to let anything happen to them because of this. If you can't understand that... You don't know me well enough.... You don't.... understand me."

He shushes me, "you're causing a scene."

I groan and storm out of the tea house. I run through the streets to the Hokage building, past all the guards until I reach the archive library.

I sit on a small bench and put my head in my hands.

"You'll never be able to escape what you were born into."

I stand quickly, "Lady Tsunade! I'm sorry for just barging in-"

She smiles kindly at me, "Sora... I know what's going on with you."

I sigh, "I don't want to be part of this."

"You don't have a choice, and you could be a great asset to the leaf," she says.

I sigh, "I don't know if I'd be able to handle it. I mean, I'm getting married soon, I'll probably start having children... I don't even know if I want to continue being a ninja after I have a few kids."

She starts walking down an aisle and I follow after her. She picks a book and hands it to me. I shake my head, "what's this for?"

She looks directly at me, "you are a member of a clan that's dying out, read this and come back to me."

I sigh and nod, "fine."

She nods and crosses her arms over her chest.

•••

"How are you feeling?" Kakashi asks quietly. I shrug, and he wraps a blanket around me and hands me a steaming cup of tea.

"Thanks," I say quietly.

He sits on the sofa next to me, "what are you gonna do?"

I sigh, "I need to learn how to use it."