Chapter 19

Hey guys. So sorry, I've been busy busy busy! My birthday just passed as well! Anyway, here's a short chapter to get me back on track :)

"Eeeeeeeh! I'm so glad you're home!" Miku squeals and jumps up in my arms. I giggles as she rubs her nose on my cheek.

Hayate walks into the living room and drapes his arm over my shoulders.

"Oh my gosh, you need to sit down," Hayate exclaims pulling me to the sofa.

Next thing I know I'm covered in blankets and pillows surround me.

Miku was resting comfortably on my lap snoozing quietly.

Kakashi pads on the room quietly and sits in the coffee table. He was wearing comfortable sweatpants and a masked tank.

I smile at him, "hi."

He looks away, "you're being too cute."

I blush, "what?"

"You're being too cute."

I frown, "I don't think I can help that."

He strokes my cheek with the back of his fingertips, then sands up.

"Are you hungry?"

"No," I respond, not for food.

"Remember," he says, "I owe you a date, do you still want to go?"

I smile, oh yeah, I forgot about that.

"Yes, I still want to go," I say quietly.

He smiles and holds his hand out to me. I sit up and take his offered hand. He helps me up, "its about lunch time, let's go now."

I nod, "okay... I don't want to go in a wheelchair though."

He sighs, "alright, but if you're in any pain tell me right away."

I nod, and he leads me out and down the road.

His arm was around my waist, pulling me close to him. We got a few looks from people walking by, but Kakashi didn't seem to mind.

I sigh and look around, I haven't been out in a while.

"Something wrong?" Kakashi asks.

I smile up at him, "no... everything's just right."

He leans down and places a masked kiss on my temple. I blush, in front of all these people!

I see an old lady chuckle at my reaction as she walks in the opposite direction.

"We're here," Kakashi says guiding me to a small cafe looking place.

There was a short line at the counter where I assumed we were supposed to order.

"Go ahead and sit down, I'll get something you'll like," Kakashi said.

I nod, "alright."

I wander around the cozy restaurant and see a table for two by an elderly couple. I walk over and sit at the table, making eye contact with the old lady who was smiling kindly.

I smile back.

A few minutes later Kakashi comes over with two boxes in hand.

"What'd you get me?" I ask.

"Turkey and Vegetable wrap with cheese," he says, "you'll like it."

I open up the little box and see my wrap, an apple, and a chocolate chip cookie.

"I'll be right back," he was quietly. I nod.

The lady taps me on the shoulder from her set behind me, "I hope you feel what I feel whenever I see this potato over here." She points to her chubby husband across the table and he smiles up at me.

I laugh lightly, "oh, I can't even explain how I feel around Kakashi."

"Kakashi Hatake?" She asks, "I've never seen him before, but I've heard many good things about him as a shinobi."

I smile, "yeah that's him, he really is amazing."

She gushes at me, "what's your name?"

"Sora," I say simply, "I don't have a last name."

"I've heard good things about you as well," she says quietly, "you were recently in the hospital for quite some time."

I nod, "yeah, I was just released today."

She smiles, "my name is Chieko, and this is my husband Hideo."

(Chieko means child of intelligence and wisdom and Hideo means excellent husband and man.)

I smile, "those are beautiful names."

She smiles kindly, "thank you, now you're date is back, I'd hate to hold you."

I smile, "nice talking to you, Chieko-sama."

I turn back around just as Kakashi sits down. A steaming mug of tea was in front of me as well as another on in front of Kakashi.

I smile, "thank you."

I grab my wrap and take a large bite out of it.

"Mmmm this is delicious," I say with my mouth full.

Kakashi smirks at me, "talking with your mouthful isn't polite young lady."

I swallow my bite, "I'm only 9 months younger than you!"

He chuckles and sits back slightly.

I eat my food in relative silence and Kakashi eats where no one can see him. When we finish we walk hand and hand to the park.

"Do you need to sit down?" He asks sweetly.

"I'd like to sit by the pond over there," I say quietly. He nods and we walk to the nearby pond hand in hand.

We sit on a bench and I lean against him. He wraps his arm around me and clasps his hand tightly on my shoulder.

"I could stay like this forever," I say quietly.

He brushes his fingertips on my cheek, "so could I, Sora, so could I...."