Chapter 17

"So this must be the end." I hear myself say.

"You should be more careful, Sora, I hate seeing you get hurt."

I gasp, "Kushina-San!"

She appears on a bench, and a park-like scenery forms around me. My body begins taking form, and I feel a little more like myself.

"Am I dying?" I ask.

She smiles, "sort of... well, for a little while."

"What?" I ask.

"Someone's channelling chakra into you right now, look you're glowing white," Kushina says.

"It's Kakashi's chakra," I say quietly, "only Hatake's have white chakra, and anyway I've felt his chakra before, but I don't get it, did I lose chakra?"

"No," he states simply, "but extra chakra always helps to heal, you know that."

I frown, "this doesn't make any sense."

Kushina sighs, "I don't have enough time to explain to you, you're going to wake up soon."

"So this is just a dream?" I ask, "you're not really here?"

She smiles, "Sora, I am always here, please remember that."

"Kushina-san."

•••

"Great, she's stable," a feminine voice says.

My eyes snap open and I sit up, "what the hell!"

I look around the now silent room and see two nurses, Kakashi, Katsumi, Hayate, and Iruka.

I blush, "oh sorry for that."

"It's good to see you awake," the nurse I recognize as Akemi says quietly, "you've been out for weeks."

I frown, "weeks?!"

Suddenly a sharp pain in my upper abdomen causes me to yelp and start coughing.

I lie down with the help of Kakashi.

"Yes weeks," Akemi states, "you should get some rest. Oh by the way, this is my student, Rita, she's just shadowing me for now."

The other nurse waves and smiles.

"So we'll be going now," Akemi states, "visiting hours are almost over, and Kakashi is the only one allowed to stay."

With that both nurses leave.

"Glad to see you're awake," Iruka says. That's when I notice his arm is casually around Katsumi's waist.

I grunt, "I felt a lot better while I was asleep."

"You need sleep to recover," Katsumi says quietly, "you barely made it babe... you can't make me worry like that."

"Yeah," Hayate says crossing his arms, "you almost made me cry."

Katsumi scoffs, "you cried more than I did."

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Guys... I'm sorry," I say quietly, "my mother planted a bomb, and I couldn't hve innocent people in a mental home die because of this."

"We know," Iruka says, "Miku feels when you are hurt and she assessed what happened."

"Anyway, I think Kakashi has some things he wants to say so we'll go," Katsumi says as she grabs Hayate's ear and starts dragging him to the door.

"Hey! I don't wanna leave yet!" Hayate protests.

I smile, "bye guys, come back tomorrow."

When they were gone I look over at Kakashi. He was sitting on the chair next to my bed and had his chin resting on his hand.

"Hey," I say quietly.

"There's so much you missed Sora," he says quietly.

"Did they make it?" I ask.

He sighs, "they tried their hardest, the only rookie to excel was Shikamaru."

I sigh, "but is everyone okay?"

"Not exactly..." he says quietly.

A breathe escapes me, "who is it?"

"The third."

My heart skips a beat, "h-how?"

"It wouldn't be best to go into detail now... as something else has happened," he says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Sasuke left," he says.

My eyes widen, "he left?"

Kakashi nods slowly, "I couldn't stop him."

"Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault," I say quietly.

He sighs, but doesn't say anything else.

"Is there anything you need? Are you comfortable?" He asks.

"I need you to go home and get some rest, and yeah, I'm comfortable," I say with a small smile.

"I'm staying here," he says.

"When's the last time you had a good nights rest?" I ask, "you have bags under your eye."

I reach out and pull his headband up, "eyes..."

He sighs, "I don't remember."

"Go home, Kakashi, get some rest, you're tearing yourself apart," I plead quietly.

"I can sleep here," he says as he takes his headband off completely.

I sigh, "that's a chair, not a bed."

"I don't want to leave you," he says quickly.

I stare up at him, "Kakashi I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere."

"Once I heard the news... I panicked, I thought I was gonna lose you," he was quietly.

"How'd you find out?" I ask.

He sighs, "Miku ran to me, and said something had happened to you... and that it was pretty serious."

"Oh," I say quietly, "I'll call Akemi to get you a spare bed okay? Then you can sleep comfortably and stay here."

He sighs, "what if you just scoot over a bit?"

"This is a twin sized bed...." I say quietly.

"It's actually a full," he says with a slight smirk.

I sigh and scoot over reluctantly. Sometimes I want my space ya know?

Kakashi slips off his sandals and flak jacket, before sliding in next to me. He grabs my hand in his warm one, and kisses me on the cheek saying, "I'm so glad you're okay."

I smile, "Thanks for the chakra by the way... that was just what I needed to wake up."