Chapter 2

SORRY! School started and I'm now in week four and work, and essays, and sports and tryouts and stuff!

I sat on the branch of a tree and sighed. I have been traveling for a while and I decided to take a short break. I pull an apple off the tree I was in and rub it on my shirt.

I squint, "an apple tree? Where am I?"

I take a large bite and pull out my map. I trace my finger along some lines and figure out my location.

I sigh, "looks like I'll be home later than expected."

"If by later you mean never," a large man says appearing on the tree in front of me.

I quickly put my map away and stand, apple still in hand.

"Who are you *bite* and wadda you need?" I ask.

"I need that summoning scroll you have possession of," he says crossing his arms.

I shrug, "I don't know what you're talking about, I was taking a leisurely stroll around here."

He rolls his eyes, "yeah right."

I shrug and toss the core of my apple on the ground, "I love the taste of fresh apples, I come here all the time."

That's when he appears behind me. He has an arm wrapped around my waist and a kunai to me neck.

"Where is the scroll?" He asks.

"You're mistaken, I don't have a scroll," I say calmly.

He frowns, "don't lie to me, it makes me angry."

I sigh and do a handsign where he can't see, "You must be pissed then."

I let myself disappear into a burst of flames. I reappear underground and focus on sensing his chakra. He jumps down and lands right above me. I smirk and reach for his ankle forcing him under and pulling myself up.

He smirks, "what a classic trick."

I perform a series of hand signs, "Summoning Jutsu!"

"I'm here!" Miku says cheerily appearing with a puff of smoke.

The man scoffs, "a kitten that tiny could do nothing."

I smirk, "time to see how your training has paid off, Miku."

She puts her paws together and flashes into her beautiful and gigantic white tiger form. She growls ferociously and then characteristically giggles.

I hop onto her back and perform a hand sign, "Water Style: WhirlPool!"

Miku runs around the man rapidly, creating a funnel of water around him, trapping him. Miku climbs quickly up the bark of a tree and jumps into the funnel. I release the Jutsu just in time and Miku has him trapped under her paws.

"I- I can't move," he says as he wiggles around.

I climb off of Miku, "she's restricting your chakra flow. Now do you want this over quickly or even quicker?"

"Option 2 please," he says in defeat.

I pull my chakra blade out my boot, and press the tip against his chest.

"Close your eyes Miku," I say quietly, as I squeeze my own shut.

I channel my chakra into the blade and forcefully push down. I hear a loud grown and coughing, until everything goes silent.

I sigh and open my eyes, "okay Miku, you're free to go, thank you."

She nods and disappears in a cloud of smoke. I pull the blade out and drop it to the ground. I sit down and sigh, "Earth Transformation: coffin of earth."

I place my palms on the ground, and the soil from the ground forms a box around him, before sinking back into the ground.

I pick up my blade and stand, rinsing it in a nearby river, to continue with the rest of my mission.

•••

"Welcome home," Kakashi says as he leans down to kiss me cheek.

I blush and turn my head so our lips meet.

"EHEM!" Hayate coughs loudly in the background.

Kakashi chuckles and pulls away, "you're just in time for breakfast."

I smile, "oh great, I'm starving!"

I follow him into the kitchen, Hayate trailing behind as well, and see food already on the table.

I quickly sit, and eat.

"Is that blood on your arm?" Hayate asks suddenly.

I look down at my arms, and see the deep red splatters of blood. I pale, "yeah... It's not mine."

"Did everything go alright?" Kakashi asks quietly.

I shrug, "went okay."

Miku trots in and curls up on my lap. I pet her fur lightly, "we did what was required for the situation."

Both men nod and don't push the topic any further. I clear my throat, "Kakashi what do you want for your birthday."

He visibly blushes, "n-nothing."

Hayate crosses his arms, "you say that every year!"

I nod, "yeah let us do something for you."

Kakashi sighs, "no need to make a big deal about me getting old."

I smile, "you aren't getting old."

He shrugs, "I already have grey hair."

"Silver, you have silver hair," I correct.

He rolls his eyes, "yeah yeah."

Hayate speaks up, "it's not like you're as old as me."

"32 isn't old, and neither is 29 Kakashi," I say quietly.

Kakashi rolls his eyes, "yeah well you just turned 28."

I heard the front door, "HELLO DIPTHONGS!"

"Hey Katsumi," we all say in unison, even Miku.

"Sora, I got the perfect dress," Katsumi beams, "it's so beautiful."

I smile, "I can't wait to see it."

She smiles brightly, "you're still going to do my hair and makeup right?"

I nod, "you don't need it, but if you want me to, I'd be delighted to."

She jumps and hugs me around my neck, "I'm so happy!"

I smile, "you should be, marriage is beautiful."

She stands quickly, "Kakashi, don't you think it's about time?"

"Everyone moves at their own pace," I say quickly, "we wouldn't want to rush into anything if we aren't sure we're ready."

Kakashi flushes pink and pulls his mask up over his face.

Katsumi rolls her eyes, "you aren't getting any younger!"

"Don't remind me," Kakashi grumbles.

Katsumi giggles and says, "I have a few more errands to run, I'll catch you all later!"

She rushes out and closes the door behind herself. I stand and empty my plate, "I have to go too, I have a session."

"Want me to come with you?" Kakashi asks quietly.

I shrug, "might as well, today I have a situational simulation, and you have to observe anyway."

He sighs, "is that a yes or a no?"

"A yes," I say calmly, "let's go."