Chapter 21

"Eat up, Naruto," I encourage, "it's on Kakashi."

Naruto smiles and orders another bowl, "ALRIGHT!"

I continue eating my own ramen with a sad smile on my face.

"Naruto, it's time to go."

I turn to see Master Jiraiya. I smile, "Master Jiraiya! What a pleasure to see you."

"The pleasure is all mine," he says with the perverted look on his face, "Kakashi, you're a lucky man."

I blush and turn my attention back to my food. Kakashi chuckles and tells Naruto to hurry and finish food.

"Oh Mr. Teuchi, he'd like one to go as well," I wave him over.

He smiles, "of course."

By the time Naruto finishes his last bowl there's a to-go container sitting on the counter.

"Here, take this for the road," I say handing him the container.

He sniffs, "thanks Sora-sensei."

I tear up, "no, don't cry, then I'll cry."

Tears start streaming down his face, "I'm not crying!"

"COME GIVE ME A HUG," I yell squeezing him tightly.

We both cry together for like five minutes, while Jiraiya and Kakashi mumble incoherent whines.

I compose myself and release him, "okay. Goodbye Naruto, come back nice and strong, okay?"

He nods, "Believe it!"

He turns to Kakashi and squeezes him, while Kakashi sports an awkward expression. After their short exchange, Naruto followed Jiraiya and then starts walking away. I sigh and turn to pay Teuchi (with Kakashi's money of course), who was crying ramen flavored tears.

I smile, "thanks."

He waves slightly and I follow after Kakashi, placing my hand on his outstretched arm. I lean my face into his bicep and sniffle.

"Here, your wallet," I say holding it up.

He takes it, "how did...nevermind, let's head home."

I nod as we walk home together.

•••

When we get back Hayate was in the kitchen, dancing around and making himself lunch.

I smile, " look who's happy!"

"Good date?" Kakashi asks.

Hayate sports the widest smile, "I think so."

I smile, "that's great, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself."

He blushes, which is something I've never seen before, and says, "she's coming by later today, if that's alright."

Kakashi nods, "of course, Sora and I will leave... give you two some privacy."

Hayate blushes more, "hey, we're taking it slow!"

I smile, "how sweet of you."

He blushes, "whatever. Aaah, could someone teach me how to bake?"

"Oooh, what dessert are you making?" I ask excitedly.

"She said it's a surprise," Hayate frowns.

I push him into the kitchen, "come on, I'll teach you basics, but first, I have to put on my outfit!"

"What?" Hayate asks.

I smile, "my baking outfit of course."

I run to my room and quickly go into the closet. "Here it is!" I say quietly pulling it out. I quickly change into it, and note how well it fits me. I smirk and then tie in the matching bow.