~~~

The next morning is awkward to say the least. Emma showers, eats her honey nut cheerios and then runs upstairs to brush her teeth and put on some mascara before Regina has gotten out of bed. Which is the first time Emma has ever done that in the six years they have been together. Actually, Regina remembers, she had to dump a cold glass of water onto her extremely-difficult-to-wake-up wife more than once.

She was lying in bed with her eyes closed, holding onto sleep for just a few more moments when she heard the sound of a rattling engine. She got out of bed quickly, and opened the curtains with a flick of her wrist. Her heart drops when she watches Emma's little yellow bug back out of their driveway and drive out of view. With a glance back at the clock she sees that it's only six in the morning. She walks over to turn off her alarm and then gets into the shower, going through the motions. At seven a.m. she hears footsteps thud down the stairs and per her usual routine, put out two places for Emma and Henry, who actually get up at the same time. As she places the milk and a few boxes of cereal on the table she realizes that Emma isn't coming down right after Henry.

"Morning." Henry mumbles sleepily as he takes a seat and begins to make up a bowl of cereal.

"Good morning Henry." Regina smiles sweetly, kissing him on the top of the head as she grabs Emma's bowl and spoon to put away.

"Where's mama?" He asks before taking a bite.

"She had to go to work early this morning." Regina lies.

"Oh okay." He shrugs before eating the rest of his breakfast. When he goes upstairs to get ready after putting his dishes in the sink Regina drinks the rest of her coffee and chokes down an apple.  While she's brushing her teeth he comes into her and Emma's room and waits patiently until she's done.

"Can you drive me or should I just take the bus?" He asks, and she glances at the clock before thinking of everything she still has to do.

"The bus is a better option today sweetheart." She says and he shrugs.

"That's okay." Henry walks over to her and hugs her tightly, burying his head into her shoulder like he always has. "I love you mom. Have a great day."

"I love you too Henry." She gets out, holding her tears back. He runs off to finish packing his backpack and then she watches from the window as the bus picks him up. Regina finishes getting ready and puts together her bags. She picks out a pair of heels and puts them on before locking up the house and walking out to her car. When she shows up to work she really wishes to just be at home with Emma but Emma clearly doesn't want to be with her.

"Good morning Mrs. Swan-Mills!" Tink grins, and Regina gives the girl a vague smile.

"Morning." She says, and Tink follows Regina into her office.

"I already have a few calls, one from Mr. Gold, one from Sidney Glass, and then a handful of others. Here is the paperwork from the police station, and other places as well." Tink informs her as Regina puts down her bags beside the desk and Tink places everything on her desk. Regina takes her coat off and Tink takes it to hang it up. The receptionist leaves the room and comes back with a steaming cup of coffee.

"Do you need anything else?" Tink asks with a warm smile and Regina sits down at her chair before looking up at Tink.

"That's all." Regina says with a straight face, and Tink just leaves, trying not to let Regina's cold attitude affect her.

When Regina's phone goes off an hour later she picks it up immediately, hoping it's Emma. She unlocks her phone and finds Henry's name on the screen.