Chapter 8 - The showdown

Link, Twilight and applejack got to work instantly to make the three metals into a sacred blade and they needed to work together to get the job done in time.

By day 2, Twilight and applejack had set up targets to train link so that he could use his bow to use his light arrows. Rarity and Pinkie pie were setting up defences and reinforcing houses to protect innocent family's. Rainbow dash was flying around in the sky to keep advantage in case any unnatural shadows entered.

Fluttershy gave the wildlife a gentle warning how ponyvile could be in grave danger and asked them to leave.

From days 3-6, Link, Twilight and Applejack had made enough elixir soup so that they can use it to their advantage.

Link called in everyone to the centre of ponyvile and they did the patrol around the place.

By day 7 there was nothing in ponyvile apart from tumbleweeds. "This is it ladies! You ready?" Link yelled

"YEAH!!!" They yelled back

"Now the plan is that we show this guy the true meaning of friendship and we work as a team nothing more." Link explained.

"Don't know about y'all but im up for this!" Said applejack.

"That's what I want to hear, stay positive!" Said link proudly.

They did the patrol three times.

"Stay sharp everypony this guy can be well hidden" said Rarity.

"Got him!" Said link as he jumped for an attack and plunging his sword into the ground.

Dark link gave out an angered voice and the mares made a circle around him.

"Well well looks like you have some friends." Said dark Link

"You gave us a week to prepare and we have!" Said Link

Before Dark Link could say anything Rarity kicked him to the ground.

"Payback feels SO GOOOD!" Said Rarity in a vengeance voice.

As dark Link got back up Link drew his sword and went to attack and as Link defended his attacks each pony got a kick at dark link and therefore making it an easy fight as dark link easily lost.

"Ha see you never know the true magic of friendship!" Link said with a smile.

"YEAH!!" the pony's said.

Dark Link vanished.

Everyone was looking for him.

"I hate you, I want to see you miserable...." Dark link said softly

He was gone for good.

Everyone came out and gave a huge cheer for link and Celestia came down and congratulated everyone.

"Link you don't know how proud I am for keeping this place safe."

"Celestia this place is my new home I could not say goodbye to it so soo-"

Everything was shaking, Everyone was shocked.

"What is going on???" Cried Pinkie pie.

"This isn't no ordinary earthquake!" Cried Twilight.

Everything stopped shaking.

"I have no idea what that was." Said rainbow dash

"Great... Every wildlife creature will be terrified..." Said Fluttershy.

"Well at least we got him, im sure he wont come back!" Said Link.

"You are right Link, hey did you know the grand galloping gala is tomorrow?"

The mares gave a massive smile.

"I had no idea of that." Said link and he joined the mares with their smiles

"Will the final exam be taking place?" Asked link.

The mares looked puzzled

"Should be." Said celestia.

"Great!!! god I've been looking forward to becoming a very skilled engineer for a while!"

Said link with enthusiasm.

"One thing though." Said Celestia.

"You will need a signature from me and Princess Luna."

Everyone ran and hid away.

"Jeezz what's up with the name Luna, I mean no offence but a name like that isn't meant to be scary." Said Link.

"No they just ran because they have recently had an encounter with her and she is my sister." Celestia explained.

Link looked puzzled. "Right..."

After the conversation Link headed home and everyone in ponyvile was in Link's house and they threw one of Pinkie pie's party's to congratulate him about how his plan worked.

"Now then here is a lesson I learned today." Said Link

"Wait a minute, aren't you going to be writing to Celestia?" Asked twilight.

"Nope." Said Link "I'm telling you lot about it instead in person, Today I learned that some things are better to be told and better with friends instead of being a lone wolf and trying to solve Solutions by yourself. Also today I have learnt the fact that some problems will need an extra helping hand and therefore pony's can use the element of teamwork to solve the worst of problems." Explained link.

"DAMN RIGHT!!" they all yelled and then they all laughed together.