Chapter 6 - The hero reborn

Link woke up the next day to find that it was snowing heavily and that everyone was inside so he decided to go to work on his research on becoming an engineer.

A few hours later he researched what it means to be a true engineer and that is granting permission from Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

"God there is still loads of pony's who I haven't even met yet." Link said. "Well time to go meet them."

He got changed into some warm clothes and he headed out.

When Link arrived to the centre of ponyvile he saw Applebloom and two other pony's and they were playing in the snow.

"Hi girls!" Link called out for them.

They all turned and saw him as he was walking towards them

"Who is this?" Sweetie belle asked

"Yeah Applebloom who is this?" Scootaloo said

"Girls this is the new fella, his name is link." Applebloom said

"Link eh? My sister mentioned something about you and you saved us all from that weird dragon thing" Sweete belle said

"What you mean Discord?" Link laughed.

"Yeah that's him" said Scootaloo.

"Yeah well I thought I did the right thing sealing him away but I think it was a wrong move to make because he was Celestia's best friend." Said Link

"Well my sis thinks you are a proper hero!" Applebloom said

"Mine too!" Said Sweetie belle

"Well ill thank them when I next see them, anyway Sweetie belle who is your sister? Because you mention alot about her." Link asked politely

"My sister is Rarity." Sweetie belle answered

Link was surprised to hear that.

"Rarity is always talking about going gem hunting with Spike but Spike can't do it in this thick snow..." Sweetie belle said.

"Well I'm sure spike wouldn't mind me being a substitute." Said Link

"Where is Rarity now?" Asked link

"She is at home." Sweetie belle replied

"Ok ill just go get something from my house and ill be back." Said Link and just like that he got the mogma mitts from his house.

Link arrived at Rarity's house and he knocked on the door and Rarity answered. "Oh hello there Link! Whatever can I do for you?" Said Rarity.

"Your sister Sweetie belle told me that you needed Spike to help you dig for gems but he cant because of this snow right?" Link said

"That is correct." Rarity said

"Well it just so happens that you now have a substitute digger, I'm sure these mitts will be able to dig under the surface for anything." Link said with a smile.

Rarity screamed with excitement and she ran and got her boots on and scarf on in a flash and they both went to a field north of ponyvile were the gems are kept.

"Ok Link I am going to use the spell which shows you where the gems are and your job is simple, dig up the gems which are seen." Rarity explained

"Sounds Easy enough." Link said with enlightenment.

"So lets get started!" They both said and they both laughed.

So Link and Rarity searched the entire field and they found a huge amount of gems.

"Ok last one for the afternoon." Rarity said as she showed link another batch of gems far from where they were standing.

Link dashed and he dug as fast as he could, pushing his strength in his hands and digging up the burrowed gems.

"Hey rarity I got the last of th-" but before he could Finnish he hear a scream coming from Rarity

"LIIIIINK HEEEELLP!!!!!" Rarity screamed.

Link turned and looked and he saw that there were four boblokin's cornering rarity and Link once again had to wield the Triforce of courage to gain access to the master sword.

But as Link ran towards them it was too late because they had made Rarity unconscious and they put her on a wooden snowmobile.

"I'M NOT LETTING YOU GET AWAY!!!" Link said angrily.

He ran but the snowmobile was faster than he was, then he used his mind to summon the item he needed and he summoned in the Pegasus boots and he ran like the wind and he managed to put the golden gauntlets and he knocked it high knocking everyone in the air.

Link made a successful leap of faith and he caught Rarity in his arms.

"Phew that was a close one" said Link happily.

Link looked at rarity in his arms and then he was saddened "I'm so sorry Rarity, this is all my fault." Link said sadly

"So you were able to save her I see." Said a mysterious voice.

Link turned and looked and he was shocked because the snowmobile was trashed and there was a shadow looking at him with red eyes.

Link then had a sudden memory rushing towards him and he remembered that this was an enemy which he had faced before in the world he came from.

"I know you!" Said link

"Is that so?" Said Dark link

"humph I know it so, I know you all too well...." Said link

"Oh? That's funny coming from the guy who can barley tell anyone of his past." Said dark link.

Link looked angrily at dark link

"So you haven't hid it from anyone." Said dark link

"Well I might as well get to the point, hand her over."

Link backed away further away from him.

"So looks like then you leave me no choice but to TAKE HER!!!" dark link shouted.

Link got his Triforce of courage ready and his sword and Shield appeared on his back but before link could fight he had to find a place to put Rarity down.

Unfortunately dark link was too quick and he became a shadow in the ground where link could not see him and he managed to punch link knocking him into the air and he let go of Rarity.

Link then got up on his feet and he drew out his sword and he landed successful hits against dark link.

But dark Link was growing smarter and he kept avoiding Link's attacks, so link put his faith and he threw his hand to the ground and it caused a dome of fire around him and Rarity.

Dark Link lay on the floor and link held the sword ready to time his attack, but dark link didn't attack he put his weapons away and he said "Well its obvious that I cant beat you when you have the power of the gods on your side."

Link put an evil grin on and said "So true."

"However." Dark link interrupted. "That problem will go away in about a week."

Dark Link vanished away.

Link turned and he picked up rarity and he headed back to ponyvile as quick as he could. When he arrived link knocked on twilight's house as fast as he could, she opened it and link quickly entered. "There is no time to explain!!" Link said.

"What's going on? What happened to Rarity?" Twilight shockingly asked.

Link explained in a panic.

"Spike!" Link called

Spike showed up "What is it Link?"

"I need to write a letter to Princess Celestia right now I need to warn her about new threats which attacked me and Rarity." Said Link.