Chapter 5 - Winter's welcome

After the fall of discord link and the others headed back to their homes and link was now officially a citizen of ponyvile.

As the days went by link was learning to become an engineer and he had paid rupees to upgrade his little tree house into a bigger version. He had invited all of his friends over to try soups that he made for a celebration of his welcome.

"Twilight there is this soup which tastes incredible" Spike said

"Okay then would you mind passing a bowl over" Twilight replied.

"Ah I see you like my elixir soup there you two" Link said walking over to his fireplace.

"It is really sweet and tasty" said twilight.

"That soup actually has a secret power added to it, it improves my magic ability twice as much and it also doubles my attack power until I receive a hit from an enemy." Link explained.

"Well about the attack power im not really interested in, BUT the magic ability I need to try." Twilight answered.

Twilight's horn began to glow brighter than it was before and items she moved went faster than before.

"This feels pretty incredible" Twilight said in amazement.

When the party was over everyone went home and it was getting pretty late.

Link wrote a letter to princess Celestia explaining a report of friendship and it is good to see a smile on other's faces.

Link shut the windows and he turned off his light and he climbed into bed.

The following morning he woke up and the entire place was covered in thick white snow and he was confused because last time he dealt with snow there was a problem with the area.

He got changed into a clean set of clothes and headed out the door, on his way he met Fluttershy and he noticed that she was helping the little animals hibernate.

"Hi Fluttershy, Do you know what this is?" Link said

"Its winter welcome day" said Fluttershy

"What's winter welcome day?"

"The first day of winter." Said Fluttershy

"So what's with the snow?" Link asked

"This is winter so the snow has to be on the ground so that it represents winter." Fluttershy explained

"So where is the trouble?" Link asked

"Trouble? What are you talking about to Link?" Fluttershy asked

"Usually when I see snow there is a temple which I have to enter solving out puzzles and that way it makes it warm again." Link said

"Well you can relax because there is no trouble at all." Fluttershy reassured Link.

Link wandered around the frosty ponyvile and every pony was singing Christmas songs.

"I have no idea what is going on" said Link sadly.

"Cheer up!" Pinkie pie said as she popped up from the ground.

"How do you do that pink?" Said Link

"Oh don't worry about that I do it to everyone!" Pinkie pie answered.

Before Link could say anything she zoomed off to the lake which was covered with ice and Link saw the ice and he thought he might join her in ice skating.

He ran and because he didn't have the ice skates because they were designed for pony's not humans so he put on the hover boots which made him a lot lighter than before and they lose all traction.

He began to slide around and then he eventually tripped and became really bad at ice skating.

He slowly backed away from the pond because he knew that he was just going to end up with another injury and that is not what he needed from his previous encounter with discord.

He walked back into ponyvile and he saw rarity wearing different kinds of scarfs and he was looking a bit puzzled because he only saw Fluttershy with a scarf but no one else so far.

"Hi Rarity, how come you are wearing different kinds of scarfs?" Link asked

"Oh hi there Link, No its more or less the fact that it is freezing cold when it is winter welcome day so that's why I wear these many scarfs, also it gives me a chance to put on my favourite boots ready for winter." Rarity explained

"Oh seems like a way too keep warm at least but not my way to keep warm." Link said

"Oh? How do you keep warm then Link you wear those clothes like if winter was a warm thing." She giggled a bit.

"Well I usually go on my adventure like this and I stay warm by moving." Link responded.

"Well if you want to keep warm then why don't you look for Applejack because she usually is the hard worker when it is winter welcome." Rarity explained.

"Ok then nice talking to you Rarity." Link said as he jogged his way to Applejack.

Link eventually sprinted his way to Applejack because he wanted to help out on the farm because he had helped out on a farm before.

When he had found Applejack he had realised that she has a huge family which was already helping out. "Darn it we need another person to man the cropper." Applejack said shamefully.

Link sprung in action and ran towards one of the poles of the cropper.

"Now hold on a minute there Link! You think you can handle a heavy piece of old machinery?" Applejack asked

"Applejack I have a secret which I can't tell anybody but in other words I can handle this" Link said with enthusiasm

Link put on the golden gauntlets and pushed with all his might in the end the cropper had finished 5 seconds flat.

"What in tarnation???" Applejack said stunningly.

"See?" Link said

"That was incredible Link but how did you get the strength to do that?" Applejack asked

"I told you applejack, it is a secret." Link said

"Is there anybody else I can help out with?" Link asked

"Well you could check to see if Applebloom needs anything." Said Applejack

"Who is Applebloom?" Link asked

"Applebloom is my younger sister, she is yellow with red hair" said applejack

"Alright ill go see if she needs anything." Link said

Link walked down Applejack's farmhouse and he was amazed that all they made was... Apples.

He came across Applebloom and he introduced himself to her.

"Hi Link I'm Applebloom! I'm also leader of the Cutie mark crusaders." Applebloom said

"The Cutie mark crusaders?." Link asked

"Its our little group which has Sweetie belle and Scootaloo." Applebloom answered.

It was getting late so Link had to head home to get rest so he waved goodbye to the Apple family and as he walked home he said to himself "I guess there are still some pony's which I haven't met yet..."