↞chapter forty three↠

Lanie's POV:
I told Ross where exactly I wanted to go, and he drove there. We went through the same process: pickup and drop off. I soon found myself walking on the beach with none other than Rocky.
"Nervous?" I asked Rocky.
"To be completely honest, I'm scared to death. She was due a week ago!" he said, running his fingers through his hair.
"I wouldn't worry too much. She'll be here soon," I said, referring to his unborn daughter.
"I hope so," he mumbled. I hugged him, and he hugged me back. Once I let go, we both continued to walk on the beach until he suddenly face palmed.
"I was supposed to give you the note," he said, chuckling and handing it to me.
Since it's all about you, go buy yourself something pretty, darling. xx
"Welp, Rocky, looks like we're headed for Forever 21," I said, beginning to walk. "Wait... Where is your car?" Rocky smiled and led me to his car. The whole ride consisted of Rocky joking around, me laughing, and both us of singing so loud, that other cars honked at us. Once we arrived, I got out, and Rocky waved at me and left.
I walked into the store, and one of the first people I spotted was Rydel.
"Delly!" I said, as I walked over to her and hugged her. We began conversing as we browsed the store. After around thirty minutes, Rydel and I had picked out a few outfits, and I went to try them on. We finally decided on a black long sleeve shirt, a velvety red skirt, and some black flats. We purchased them, and I put them on and met Rydel at the front of the mall.
"Ok, so finally clue!" Rydel said.
After finding the outfit that shows off that hourglass figure, it's time for you to find Jenny. Ring a bell?
Rydel looked at me anxiously as I told her about a neon light store/coffee shop that Riker and I had been to recently called Jenny's. We got in the car and drove to Jenny's. Rydel parked, and we both got out. The neon red "open" sign flashed as well as the blue "Jenny's" sign as we walked in. The coffee shop part of the store was the first thing you walk into. One of the many marvels of this place was the live karaoke, and guess who was on stage? The one and only, love of my life, Riker Lynch.
"My heart is like a stallion.
You love it more when it's broken.
Do you wanna feel beautiful?"
Once he finally saw me, he smiled and motioned for me to come on stage. I walked up on stage, noticing that the majority of the people on the crowd were people I knew. Riker handed me a microphone, and we sang the chorus together and eventually the rest of the song. He came over after the song and hugged me. I hugged him back and pulled him into a kiss. He kissed me back and slowly pulled away.
"How's my beautiful girl?" he asked.
"Amazing, but I'm curious as to what's going on. Any hints?" I said as I wiggled my eyebrows. Riker shook his head and chuckled.
"You're gonna find out right about now!" he said as he laid one of his arms around my waist and led me into a pitch black room. I heard multiple feet shuffle around as he stopped and let go of me.
"What am I supposed to do?" I asked him, trying to feel around for him. He ran his hands up and down my arms and kissed my hair.
"You just stay right where you are, facing the way you are," he said, moving away from me again. This time he clapped and a whole wall of neon lights came on. Several were little white hearts and a few other ones along those lines, but what really caught me was one sign in particular that read "Will You Marry Me?". My eyes widened as I turned around and saw all of the Lynches. I looked down and saw Riker on one knee. This was it. Stormie was already crying, and I had started tearing up.
"I'm almost thirty years old, and everyone thought that I'd be getting married first. That's what I always assumed as well. As you can tell, plans changed. Excluding us and two other people, everyone in this room is married, but I can honestly say that I don't think I could have gotten a better girl to change those plans. Today we've been dating for two years. That's not really that long, but so much has happened in those two years. I've fallen in love with you more and more as these two years have passed, and I wouldn't take these two years back for all the money in the world. I've been thinking about this for almost a year now. I like to think about the future often. Where will I be in ten, twenty, fifty years? The only person that I can see myself with for the rest of my life is you, and that's what I'm hoping to receive today. Baby, I love you so so much, and I don't want to even try to imagine my life without you, past, present, and future. You are what keeps me happy when I'm not in the best mood. You're my inspiration for really everything. I need you in my life forever. Elaine Rose Shadows, will you honor me by becoming my wife?" Riker finished speaking and took hold of my left hand as I gradually began to cry more and more.
"Yes," I croaked out. He smiled and slipped the ring on my finger. He lifted me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He tilted his head, leaned in, and kissed me with the most passion that I'd ever felt from him. I saw a multitude of camera flashes as he began to slow the kiss down. Once he pulled back, he carried me back into the coffee section and sat me down on a chair before heading back on stage. The rest of the family followed suit as Riker began to talk.
"This song is dedicated to my beautiful fiancé. I love you," he said. I mouthed "I love you" back, but had a hard time forming words since I was still crying. He started out with singing Always. Afterwards, he got the entire band up on stage, and they all sang several more beautiful songs.
After they finished singing, Riker came over to me and wiped a couple of stray tears away.
"You ready?" he asked. I nodded and stood up, grabbing his hand in the process. We all left the building and got into our cars.
"We're having dinner at my parents' house, and she's making spaghetti!" he said, not taking his eyes off the road and wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed and placed my hand in his that was laying his lap for me to hold. It was only around twenty minutes until we had reached their house along with the rest of the crowd following behind us.
At the table, all the talk was about planning a wedding. Even when we stopped eating and began to watch television, the talk was weddings. It was all so surreal to me. I'm actually going to get married. I was expecting to wake up from this dream. I blink my eyes over and over again, but I didn't seem to wake up.
Riker looked over at me with a weird expression, so I pretend to yawn as a cover up. He rolled his eyes and smiled, thinking that I was probably wanting to go home. That's not really what I was doing, but I did enjoy the idea of going home.
"Well, I think we're heading home. Let's go, Ross!" Riker said as he got up, waving his hand at Ross. Ross and I got up, and the three of us said our goodbyes and walked out of the house.
"Shotgun!" Ross called out, getting into the car. I groaned, sitting in the back seat, while Riker got in the drivers seat. I hummed quietly as a Train song played on the radio. The mix between the quiet car ride and the darkness slowly lulled me to sleep.
I woke up with someone unbuckling me and beginning to pick me up. I pretended to still be asleep, so he would still carry me. The guy, I'm assuming Riker, picked me up, shut the car door with his foot, and carried me inside. I felt him lay me down and kiss my forehead before shutting the door. As soon as he left, I went into my bathroom and got ready for bed. I came back into my room and lied down on my bed with my phone. I began to scroll through Twitter and listen to music for a few minutes, which turned into an hour and nearing two hours. After over an hour, my door opened. Riker was peeking through the crack in the door to see if I was asleep or not. He waved at me and pushed his glasses up before completely entering the room and sitting on my bed.
"Can't sleep?" he asked. I nodded. "Me too, and is there any chance you need a 'supposed to be sleeping but not able to sleep' buddy?"
"Sure. Why not?" I grinned at him. He smiled back at me and opened my door again. He pulled his pillow from the hallway, shut the door, and came over beside me.
"I see you came prepared," I said, chuckling a little after he set the pillow beside mine. Nodding, he climbed under the covers and wrapped one of his arms around my body and across my stomach. I shut my phone off and rolled over to face him, making his arm land around my waist. Riker took off his glasses and set them on my nightstand. During this time, I put one of my arms around his waist and the other one on his chest. He leaned over and kissed my cheek before resting his head in my neck.
"Goodnight. I love you," he mumbled against my neck.
"Goodnight, babe. I love you too," I said, stroking his soft, blond locks. Within less than twenty minutes, I heard snores escape his lips. So much for not being able to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ITS BEEN SO LONG. IM SORRY😢
I MET R5 FOR THE FIRST TIME ON FEBRUARY 9th
IT WAS AMAZING!
ANYONE HAVE A SLN SHOW THAT THEY WILL BE GOING TO/ HAVE GONE TO?
THAT PROPOSAL THOUGH😏
~Elizabeth✌🏼️