↞chapter thirteen↠

Riker's POV:
It was Sunday afternoon. I had spent yesterday with Bianca, and I'm starting to feel bad that I pretty much blew Lanie off. I walked downstairs and saw Lanie sitting on the couch.
"Hey, Lanie, I'm sorry I blew you off yesterday," I said with guilt plastering my face.
"I guess it's ok. I spent the day with Ross and got kicked out of Target." We both laughed.
"Would you want to do something today instead?" She nodded, and we decided to make it movie day. About half way through the first movie, I got a text.
Bianca: Why aren't you over here?
Riker: I'm hanging out with my best friend. I kinda blew her off yesterday!
Bianca: So, now, you are going to blow me off?!?
Riker: We didn't even have a date planned, but I totally blew her off!
Bianca: Uggh
Riker: Whatever. I'm going to be busy, so bye!
I put my phone down and sighed. Lanie gave me this look, which I knew what she meant.
"Bianca was asking me where I was at. I told her I was hanging out with my best friend," I said, grinning like a fool. She smiled at me, and, honestly, that was the happiest I had seen her recently.
*Graduation day*
Lanie's POV:
Finally, high school is over! I got ready, and went to the van to wait for everyone else. How did I manage to be the first one ready? Everyone, finally, got in the van, and we sped off to the football field where the graduation was taking place. I got in line, and we walked out and sat in our seats.
*a lot of boring speeches and diplomas later*
It was my turn. I walked up to the platform.
"Elaine Rose Shadows," the principal spoke. I got my diploma and heard some voices.
"Go, Lanie!" several people said. I was particularly amused with a few of them.
"That's muh homie!" Ellington.
"That's my best friend down there!" Riker. I shook my head, knowing that most everyone could hear them. Finally, after the ceremony was over, I went to find them.
"LANIE!" Suddenly, I was crushed in between a bunch of people.
"How does it feel to finally have graduated?" Rydel asked.
"Free at last, free at last!" I exclaimed. Everybody laughed.
"Can we go home now? This graduation thing has me tired," I said. They all nodded, and we went home. I opened the front door.
"SURPRISE!" I was shocked, but still managed to speak.
"Guys, I told you that you didn't need to throw me a party!"
"This isn't just for you. I had to help you study for finals, so it's for me too," Ross said. Dylan arrived and hugged me.
"How is my pretty, graduated lady liking her party?"he asked.
"I love it! I have to go socialize, but I'll be back," I said. I went into the kitchen to find the one and only witch.
"Hi, Bianca," I said, trying to be nice.
"Stay away from Riker. Hear me?" Bianca said very bluntly.
"You really think I'm going to stay away from my best friend? Listen, even if I didn't live here, I still wouldn't listen to you," I said, stating my point.
"No, you will listen to me!"
"Why would I listen to a witch?" I said. Before further argument could occur, I walked out. Rocky and Ryland were beside the door and had obviously listened to the argument.
"Someone told the witch how it is," Rocky said with that signature smirk.
"My hero!" Ryland said.
"Calm down! All I did was give her a taste of her own medicine."
"Gave who a taste of their own medicine?" Riker said, appearing out of nowhere.
"Oprah," Rocky said.
"Michael Jackson," Ryland said.
"Ross," I said. The boys totally ruined it. He may would've believed me if they wouldn't have been such bad liars. He walked away suspiciously. "Really?"
"We didn't know what to say!" Rocky and Ryland said at the same time.
"That's creepy." We walked back and enjoyed the rest of my party.