↞chapter thirty six↠

*2:47 AM*
Lanie's POV:
I woke up hearing groans in my room coming from Rydel. We decided to have a sleepover in my room last night with just the two of us since we didn't get to very often.
"Lanie, wake up!" Rydel whisper yelled in my ear. "I think I'm going into labor!" With that, I quickly got up and ran to Riker's room, after assuring her that I would be back very quickly. I ran into his room and went over to his bed. His was cuddling his pillow like as if it were a person. It was extremely cute, and, as much as I'd like to stare at this adorable sight, I needed to wake him up.
"Riker! Get up!" He almost immediately got out of bed.
"What's wrong? Are you hurt? Is Rydel hurt? Is Ross hurt? Is someone breaking in? Is-"
"Rydel's going into labor!" I interrupted him. His eyes widened.
"Go wake up Ross and call Ellington. I'll get Rydel." I quickly did as he told me. After calling Ellington, Ross and I ran out to the car to make room for Rydel to lay down. Riker came out, carrying Rydel bridal style.
"Ross, you drive ridiculously fast, so you're gonna drive. Lanie, sit up front." We all quickly did as he told, and Riker sat in the back with Rydel, letting her use him as a pillow. Ross began to drive, and a Riker stroked Rydel's hair as she groaned uncomfortably. "When we get there, Lanie, go to the front desk and tell them what's going on, and Ross, you are gonna park the car. Got it? Good."
Once Ross pulled up to the curb, I got out and ran to the desk. Riker was struggling to get Rydel out, but he succeeded. I told the lady at the desk the problem, and she brought out a wheelchair just in time as Riker was walking in with Rydel. He sat Rydel in the wheel chair, and they began to wheel her off. Riker began to walk with the woman pushing her wheelchair, but she stopped him.
"Are you the father?" she asked.
"No, I'm her brother. The father is on his way," he told her.
"Then you'll have to wait outside."
"Ma'am, please! I'm her brother, and the father isn't here yet! I hope he'll be here soon, but I don't know for sure. Just please let me go with you," he said, pleading. The woman looked at Rydel, and Rydel nodded. She motioned for Riker to follow. Ross came in just after they disappeared out of my sight. A man came over to us and led us to the waiting room where we were to sit for who knows how long.
Riker's POV:
I was made to put on some scrubs and one of those things that cover your mouth. The woman told me to hold by Rydel's hand. I took her hand in mine, preparing for my circulation to be cut off. I liked that I was getting to experience this with Rydel, but I think it would have been more special for Ellington. Where even is he???? My thoughts were interrupted by Rydel beginning to squeeze my hand.
"Rydel, I'm sorry that it's me instead of Ellington, but I promise I'll try my best to help you," I told her. She didn't speak, but she gave me a small smile before returning her face back to a pained expression.
*one hour later*
The lady passed me my nephew. He had Rydel's and eyes and Ellington's cheeks and lips. I gave him to Rydel and went to the waiting room. Most of the family was on their phones, Ross was asleep, and Ellington was pacing the room.
"Is he here?!? They told him it was too late to go in when I got here, so I've been pacing since then," Ellington rambled.
"Calm down and go see for yourself!" I told him. He ran in the direction that I'd come from. Someone had woke Ross up, and everyone began to walk in the direction of Rydel's room. I heard several gasps when we entered the room. Ellington was holding his son while sitting right beside Rydel.
"What's his name?" my mom asked them.
"Mark Anthony, but we are gonna call him Andy," Ellington said.
"You named your son after me?" Rocky and I spoke at the same time. They both nodded and smiled.
Andy got passed around to everyone, ending at Lanie. It was obvious that she was tired. Her hair was messed up and she had bags under her eyes, but she still kept a smile on her face.
"His nose looks like Riker's," she said, looking in between us. They all seem to agree with her. I didn't really see it, but I guess that I wasn't staring at my nose enough.
Lanie yawned, and Andy yawned. It was adorable. She smiled wider and gave him back to Rydel.
"As much as I'd love to stay, I don't think my body is gonna let me go much longer without sleep," Lanie said. Ross, Lanie, and I said our goodbyes and went back home to get some sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In honor of Rocky's birthday😌
How is he already 21?😣
~Elizabeth✌🏼️