↞chapter seventeen↠

Lanie's POV:
I woke up to someone poking my face. I opened my eyes as Riker booped my nose.
"Yay! You're up. I wanna take you somewhere!"
"So, like on a date?" I asked.
"Yes ma'am! Now come on!" Riker said as pulled me out of bed. He picked me up bridal style and carried me to Rydel's room. He walked in with me still in his arms.
Rydel turned around and said,"You guys are too cute for your own good." Riker set me down on the bed and went over to Rydel and whispered something. "Got it. Now, get! The master has work to do." Riker left, and Rydel started picking me out an outfit. She chose me a mint one piece, some denim shorts, a muscle shirt, and mint converse. Once I got dressed, I walked downstairs to find Riker, pacing the floor. He looked really nervous.
"Are you ok?" I asked. He turned around and smiled at me.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go!" He grabbed my hand and walked to his car. It was already 3:00 o'clock, so I figured we would probably be going to the beach first. That's at least what I assumed we were going in bathing suits. He pulled his car into a parking place and got out. He came over to my side and open my door, helping me out of the car.
"Thank you, but you didn't have to help me out of the car," I said.
"I was just trying to be nice," he said, nervously.
"Riker, there's no need to be nervous, ok?"
"I just want you to enjoy what I have planned, and I'm kinda nervous for your reaction," he said.
"I'm going to love it as long as I'm with you, so calm down." I said. He smiled and led me over to a boat on the beach. We got into the boat, and I saw a parasail in the boat.
"We're going parasailing?" I asked.
"Yeah..."
"This is going to be awesome!" I squealed. Riker let out a sigh of relief. The boat started moving, and we were starting to put the equipment on.
"Do you wanna go up with me?" Riker asked.
"You can do that?" He nodded."Of course!" After getting the equipment on, I gave one of the ladies on the boat my phone and asked her to take our picture. We got up in the air, and I looked down. That was a bad idea. I started getting scared and wrapped my arms backwards around Riker since I was in the front.
"Don't be scared, and don't look down again. Look over at the city!" He said, putting his arms around my waist. I looked over, and the city was beautiful from here. Once we got back down, the lady gave me my phone back, and I scrolled through the pictures she took. I posted the best one on Twitter and Instagram.
@Roser6: Went parasailing with this child😎 @rikerr5
We got off the boat and went surfing. We swam a little also before leaving the beach. Riker drove for a while and even got off on a gravel road before stopping. He got out and did the same thing as eariler. I rolled my eyes, and he grabbed my hand, picked up a picnic basket, and started walking. We walked for a while, until we ended up at this gorgeous waterfall. Riker set up a picnic as I looked around in awe. I finally joined him, and we ate and talked for a while.
"This has been one of the best days of my life, next to meeting you." I said.
Riker's POV:
*flashback*
My mom told me that her friend's daughter would be staying here for awhile. I wasn't exactly thrilled because she was 7, and I was 16. A lady walked in, but I didn't see the little girl. Suddenly, an adorable, little blonde girl popped out from behind her mom. She looked scared, so I held out my hand for her.
"Don't worry. I won't hurt you. C'mon we can go swimming if you want." She took my hand after saying goodbye to her mom, and we went swimming. I had to basically strangle facts out of the little girl, whose name I learned was Elaine but was called Lanie. She was really shy at first, but eventually started talking to me. She stayed for the whole week, and she was the sweetest child I'd ever known. She was practically my best friend, even though she was seven.
*Flashback ends*
"I remember the cutest little seven year old ever, walking into my living room. Oh, yeah! That's you!" I said. She blushed, and I kissed her cheek, making her blush more. "We probably should head home. Rydel will have 5 million questions for both of us." She chuckled, as we packed up. After about an hour, we walked through the doors with me holding her hand. She looked down at my hand, and I smiled at her.
"Is this ok?" I asked.
"It's perfect," she said, smiling. I loved her smile. We were practically having a stare down, but it wasn't creepy. I pulled her into a hug, still holding her hand somehow.
Rydel came in squealing, probably waking the people in Africa up.
"Del, you know how to ruin a moment!" I said, pouting.
"O. My. Gosh. This is just too adorable!" she squealed.
"I'm going to bed. Thank you so much for today," Lanie whispered to me, as she kissed my cheek. It was my turn to blush. She had never done that before. She walked upstairs, and Rydel came up to me.
"Do you love Lanie?" she asked.
"So much it hurts."
"You need to tell her!" She said. She was right, then I remembered that the night I confessed my feelings to her, she told me she loved me, and I never said it back. Gosh, I didn't even think about that! I ran upstairs to her room. I knocked on her door, and she mumbled something like 'come in'.
"What's up?" Lanie asked.
"I love you." She looked taken back.
Lanie's POV:
I was taken back. Wow... He loved me. It's like my whole world felt like it had turned from gray to rainbow, even though it was already a wonderful day. I ran over and hugged him. He hugged me back, but still didn't look complete, until I spoke up.
"I love you too!" His eyes lit up like a firefly on a summer night. He had gorgeous hazel eyes. At that moment, I knew I was right where I wanted and needed to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just to make it clear I made up Lanie's username. I chose that because her middle name is Rose, and Rose starts with an 'r', hence the r6.😄
~Elizabeth✌️