↞chapter nine↠

Lanie's POV:

I woke up and tried to stretch, only to find that I was being held. Riker had his arm around me and his head on mine. I would find this very creepy if we weren't best friends. I didn't want to wake him up because I figured he still didn't feel well. I played games on my phone for a while until I heard a voice.

"Lanieeee! I still don't feel good. What am I supposed to do about our concert tonight?" Riker asked, sounding even worse than yesterday.

"I don't know. You sound pretty bad though," I said.

"Thanks a lot," he said, scoffing.

"You know what I meant! I don't know how your brothers and sister would feel about you not performing, but you really shouldn't perform if you feel that bad," I said, "Rik, I don't think you should perform. You look too sick and tired."

"I know, but I don't want to disappoint the fans," he said with a guilty facial expression.

"Yeah, they'll be disappointed, but I think they would rather you feel better," I said.

He nodded and lied down on me. I sighed. What was I going to do with a sick best friend? Movies? Movies. I picked up the remote that happened to be beside me and scrolled through the list of movies on tv. I chose the first Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie that I've probably watched seven times. Riker looked at my choice and laughed.

"Again? You've watched this like seven times!" Riker said.

"Shh! I'm trying to go for an eighth."

He laughed and shook his head. After the movie was over, Rocky came through the door looking sad.

"What's wrong, Rocky?" I said.

"I miss Justice. I didn't want to leave her for five months," he said, moping.

"Rocky, that's sweet, but it's not like you aren't allowed to talk to her," I said. He smiled and went to hug me but noticed a sleeping Riker using me as a pillow.

"I don't think he should perform with you guys tonight. He's not been feeling very well lately," I said.

"I guess, but generally our dad tells us to suck it up and go on anyways," he said.

"Can you get your mom to come in here?" I asked.

He nodded and was off. A few minutes later, Stormie came in.

"Awwww. My baby's asleep," she cooed.

"Yeah, he hasn't been feeling good. I don't think he should perform tonight."

"Ok. Do you want anything to eat for lunch?" she asked.

"Um I guess I'll take a cheeseburger, but are you getting Riker something?"

"Yeah, I'll probably get him the same thing." she answered.

I nodded, and she left. I called Justice, who had become my friend while Rocky has been dating her. I had previously talked to Stormie and set up a surprise for her.

Lanie: Hey, I got a question.

Justice: Shoot!

Lanie: How would you like to come to Ireland on Rocky's birthday to surprise him?

Justice: I would love to!

Lanie: Good! I already got your ticket with the help of Stormie and Mark.

Justice: I can't wait!

Lanie: I miss you, and Rocky does too. He came in very depressed today and told me he wished he didn't leave you.

Justice: I miss you too! Rocky sounded sad when he talked to me eariler too.

Lanie: I've got to go now. I'll see you later. Bye!

Justice: Bye!

I set my phone back down and laid my hand on Riker which woke him up.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's ok. I've got to talk mom anyways," he said.

"I've already talked to her. She said it's ok," I replied.

"Thank you, but what are we going to do now?"

"I've got school work to do," I said, pulling out my laptop.

I got to go on tour, but that didn't mean I could stop my schooling. I started working on geometry, which made no sense at all. After a while, Stormie came in, brought us our food, and said that they were leaving. Once we finished eating, I went back to work, but nothing seemed to make sense. I may be an honors student, but this is crazy.

"Riker, can you help me?"

"I'll try, but I wasn't exactly an honors student, like you."

He put his glasses on and made a weird face, trying to look at the screen. He ended up helping me out a lot. Upon finishing, we watched shows on tv until the rest got back.