↞chapter seven↠

Lanie's POV:

Today's my birthday! It's been about one and half years since I moved in full time with the Lynch's. I already have my permit even though I've never driven a car before.

"Happy Birthday, Lanie!" Riker said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Thank you!" I said, not really sure of what to say.

"Guess what we're doing today?!?" he said.

"Going to Narnia?!?"

"No... I'm going to have you drive my car!" Riker said.

That's a perk of having an older friend. They can help you through stuff that they've already experienced.

"Ok," I replied simply.

He tried to pull me off my bed which I was still laying in even though it was 11:30 in the morning.

"C'mon! I want to go so we can stop and eat something!" he said, whining.

"What about the others?" I said.

"Oh, umm... we could pick them up something. Let's just go!" he said, still whining.

"Dude, calm your face. I'm not leaving this bed until I'm ready!" I said.

"Well I guess I'll have to go to Get Shaved without you..." he said, obviously trying to lure me out of bed.

"Yeah, you go do that," I said.

"Pleaseeee, Lanie!" He said, making a really adorable puppy dog face. How could one say no to that?

"Fineeee!" I said, getting out of bed. He came over and hugged me randomly (which I had no problem with)."Go! I have to get dressed."

He left, and I got dressed. I went to open the door, and Riker was already standing there about to knock. We went to the car, and I got in on the driver's side. I already felt weird, and I haven't even started the car. Riker looked at me and smiled.

"I feel weird," I admitted.

"Don't worry. I'm only putting my life in your hands. No pressure," he said.

"That's even more pressure!" I said getting even more nervous.

I started thinking about all the scenarios that could happen. I got lost in thought until Riker spoke up.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm scared," I said.

"It's okay. Most people get scared. Just remember, you don't have to be the best driver, just be a better driver than Ross," he said, very seriously.

I started laughing. He instructed me on a few things, and I turned the car on and pulled out of the driveway. I started driving to In and Out, which is where we had decided to eat. I don't know why a beginner like me was being allowed to drive in L.A, but I just went with the flow.

"You're doing great!" Riker said.

"Thank you, but could you stop talking? I can't focus," I said.

"Now you know how I feel when you are singing along to songs at the top of your lungs while I drive," he said.

I didn't respond because I was trying to focus. I finally pulled in to In and Out and parked the car.

"YES!!!!!" I said in relief and excitement.

"My Lanie is growing up," Riker said fake sniffling.

I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. We ordered our food, got back in the car, and drove home. As I walked in the door, everyone pulled me into a group hug.

"Happy Birthday!" everyone said. We went and ate our food while Riker was talking about me driving.

"Time to open presents!" Stormie said, pushing several boxes towards me.

I got something from everyone.
Ross: a Polaroid camera
Rocky, Ellington, and Ryland: concert tickets
Rydel: two pair of converse and she told me she was going to put a blue streak in my hair
Riker: a beautiful necklace that said 'Riker's penguin'

"Aww, Riker, this is beautiful!" I said.

"I have a matching one except mine says 'Lanie's brilliant filmographer'," he said showing me his.

I loved how he didn't get cliché best friend necklaces. These were personalized, especially since we both called each other these names occasionally. I hugged everyone and said thank you.

"That's not it!" Stormie said. She nudged Mark.

"We are going on tour, and you get to come with us! We also got you a gift card," he said, handing me a gift card.

"Thank you so much!" I said, hugging Stormie and Mark.

I can't believe I'm going on tour with them! Yes, I do live in the same house, so it was likely to happen. Still, it was exciting! After everyone was done freaking out (apparently they didn't know either), we decided to go to the beach. The whole time I was there I was thinking about Riker. His beautiful hazel eyes, his blonde hair, and his amazing personality consumed my mind. I knew it would probably never happen, especially because of the age difference, but what can I say? He's got me wishing I was 23.