↞chapter five↠

Lanie's POV:
It's been two months since my parents died. The Lynches pulled me out of school and have started homeschooling me. I loved it because I could spend more time with them.
Suddenly, I heard my phone ring and answered it.

Riker: Lanieeee!
Lanie: Rikerrrrr!
Riker: I miss you
Lanie: Riker, I'm literally across the hall, and you see me every day.
Riker: I know, but can you come here?
Lanie: Fine, you lazy boy!

I walked over to Riker's room and saw that he was sitting on his bed with his bass.

"I'm not lazy!" Riker said.

"Really? I do believe that you have two legs that could have walked into my room, but I had to come in here!" I said dramatically flailing my arms to make a point.

He laughed at me and motioned for me to sit down. I sat down, and he put the bass in my lap.

"I know you've wanted to learn how to the bass, so I figured who better to teach you than your bestest friend in the whole world!" he said in a very childish tone. I laughed as Rocky walked into the room.

"So, Rocky's going to teach me?" I said. Riker looked hurt, and Rocky laughed.

"Aww, poor Rikey doesn't have a bestest friend?" Rocky said, copying the childish tone
Riker had used earlier. He pretended to cry, and I decided I would play along with his act.
"Aww, you know I love you right?" I said. If only he knew I meant it a little differently than he thought.

"I do, but that hurt, Rocky," he said in a fake hurt voice.

Rocky put his hands in the air and walked out. I laughed, and Riker soon joined. He spent the whole morning showing me the ropes until Stormie called everyone down for lunch. Once we ate lunch, I went to go to my room, but Rocky pulled me into his room.

"I need your help planning something," he said.

"Okay...." I said, figuring he probably wanted to prank someone.

"I want to ask Justice to be my girlfriend, but I'm not exactly good with this romance thing soo..." he said shyly. Rocky being shy? About a girl?

"What is she like?" I asked. He gave me the most adorable description in reply. I could tell he really liked her. "You should bring her over, play video games, sing her a song, and then ask her," I said.

"But, what about my family? I don't want them here when I do it," he said.

"Do it tonight. I'll get rid of them," I said.

Rocky hugged me and said,"Thank you sooo much! I knew Rydel would freak out if I asked her, so I thought you would be the better choice."
I smiled and left the room heading to Ross and Ryland's room. Ross was playing his guitar.

"Hey, Ross, are you filming tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think the director is having a party tonight too, so I will probably eat there," he said, almost reading my mind about if he was eating here or not.

"Okay, thank you!" I said.
I somehow figured out a way to get everyone out of the house for tonight except myself. I told Rocky, and he was happy.

Everyone just left. I stayed home to help Rocky get everything ready, not that there was that much to do. I heard a knock on the door, and Rocky scrambled over to the door. I ran up the stairs and sat on my bed. Rocky didn't know I had set up a camera to watch them. They will thank me when they get married. I sat there watching them play video games for almost an hour. I could tell Rocky was nervous, but how long does it take?!? He finally played Somebody to You. It was adorable. I almost died. [A/N:😏] He asked her to be his girlfriend, and she said yes. Rocky smiled the biggest smile I had seen in a while. She said that she had to go and left. I ran into the living room squealing. I ran over to Rocky and hugged him.

"Congrats!" I said.

"How did you know she said yes?" Rocky said.

"Ummm...."

"Lanie?" he said.

"I kinda put a camera downstairs, so I could see what happened."

"What?!?" he said.

I led him up to my room and showed him the clip. I expected him to be mad at me, but he actually smiled through the entire thing.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"Don't be sorry. I like that you got this on video. I can watch it now, but don't go around showing it to everyone," he said.

I smiled as I heard the door shut downstairs. Rocky and I went downstairs. Riker and Rydel had come in and sat down on the couch.

"What have you guys been doing?" Riker asked.

"Oh, nothing," I said.

I looked over at Rocky and smirked. He returned the smirk leaving Riker and Rydel with confused and possibly nervous looks. They probably thought we had planned a prank. I went back up to my room without saying another word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a fan of the Vamps, but the song just worked. ✌️