↞chapter two↠

Lanie's POV:

I opened it and saw Rydel. She looked as happy as could be.

"Guess what?!?" she said in a whispered voice.

"What?" I said.

"Ellington asked me out!!!!" she said whisper yelling.

I started silently fangirling. I knew they had liked each other for a while, but Ellington was taking his sweet time even though I had told him that she liked him too.

"We aren't going to tell anyone yet, but I had to spill to someone."

I knew the boys would be surprised. Rydel was afraid that they would be too overprotective, so they were going to secretly date for now. Rydel left, and I climbed in bed.

Riker's POV:

Ross was filming Austin & Ally today. Rocky was going on a date with the waitress. Ryland is going on a date. Rydel and Ellington are doing who knows what. That leaves me and Lanie. I decided I should make it a special day since we don't spend a lot of time with just the two of us. I got dressed and went to Lanie's room. I didn't bother knocking because I knew she wouldn't be up. I sat on her bed and played with her beautiful blonde hair. She was very pretty, and I didn't understand why people bullied her. She had only told me about the bulling because I found her crying herself to sleep one night. It broke my heart to see her like that. Right now though, she was smiling in her sleep. I poked her hand to see if she would wake up. Nothing. I laid down beside her. I tried to wake her up for a few more minutes until I fell asleep.

Lanie's POV:

I woke up and smelled something like cologne. I tried to move only to realize there was a person beside me. Riker was lying very close to me with his head almost in my neck. I mentally fangirled for a minute even though I really wondered why he came in here. My phone was close by, so I grabbed it and took a picture. I sent it to Rydel.

Lanie: I found a strange man in my room

Rydel: How did he get there?

Lanie: I have no clue

I decided to wake Riker up even though I had to do it right, or he might smack me in the face. I put my arms around his waist and hugged him. I could feel him smiling.

Riker's POV:

I woke up to find Lanie hugging me. She always knew how to wake me up, unlike Rocky who just smacks me with a pillow. I smiled, and she looked up at me. "I came in here to wake you up, but you can see how that turned out," I said, chuckling.

"What were you waking me up for?" Lanie asked.

"I wanted to spend time with my best friend. Is that a crime?" I said in a very dramatic voice.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go!" she said. I smiled and got up.

"First stop is the beach!" I said. We spent several hours at the beach, and we ate lunch. Then, we went back home where everyone was sitting on the couch.

"What movie do you guys want to watch?" Rydel said, holding up Bates Motel, Romeo and Juliet, and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

"Is that even a question?" Lanie and I asked at the same time. Everyone laughed, and Rydel put in the movie. After watching several movies, it was one am, and everybody was acting drunk. Rocky and Ryland were playing Call of Duty. Rydel was asleep. Ross and Lanie were singing Classic by MKTO. I was just trying to keep my eyes open. Lanie stopped singing and laid her head on my lap. She was sound asleep. I was asleep soon after. The last thing I heard was Rocky yelling at Ryland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just to make it clear this is set last summer and will progress into future years. I don't think Rydellington was real yet, but oh well.