↞chapter thirty five↠

*June 14, 2021*
Lanie's POV:
We haven't been doing very much since the girls have been pregnant. No tour. The boys weren't very happy about not getting to tour, but they agreed that family comes first. They did record another album during this time since the fans were having to wait so long for a tour.
Today, we all decided to go to the beach. Rydel and Justice were just gonna chill in the shade, but others of us were going in the water. It had been too hot all day, so it was agreed that we'd go at night. Everyone came over to the band house [A/N: They still call it the band house because they still use the basement for band purposes] and loaded up. Once we arrived, we all got out and set up our stuff.
"Ross, Ryland, I bet that I can beat you racing from here to that sand dune and back." Riker said looking at the boys. Sometimes, I feel that he's 5.
They looked at each other and smirked. "How much are we putting on it?" Ryland asked.
"Let's say, loser buys the other two's lunch next time we're out, probably tomorrow," Riker replied.
"Deal, buuuut to make it even more interesting, I say we do it while giving someone a piggyback ride," Ross said. They all nodded and went over to their girlfriend/wife to pick them up. Riker held his hand behind his back for me, and I put my around his neck. He lifted me up by my lower thighs and carried me over to where the others were. They counted and set off at a decent rate. By the time everyone was headed back to our spot, it was obvious who was gonna lose.
"Nice try, Riker," Ross said, almost out of breath as he let Walker off of him. They both patted Riker on the shoulder as they let their girlfriend/wife off of them. Riker just smiled but he didn't let me off of him.
"Are you gonna let me down, or is it fun for you to carry a potato around?" I asked him.
"I don't carry potatoes around. However, I do like carrying my girlfriend around."
I rolled my eyes, not even hiding the smile that was on my face and messed up his hair. "You are a strange man."
"No! Don't stop that felt good," he said. I messed with his hair a little longer, which he seemed to enjoy. I didn't mind either. His hair is so soft!
I stopped when I realized he was walking. He began to pick up the pace until he finally ran into the waves. A wave splashed us before I had time to think. It got up in my nose, and some went down my air passage. I began to cough once the wave continued on. Riker ran back up to shore when he realized that I was coughing. He sat down beside Rydel and moved me onto his lap. He began to pat my back until I finally let out a final cough. I laid my back and head on his bare chest, trying to keep warm. I was cold from just getting out of the water. He put one arm around both my upper arms and the other around my stomach. He rubbed his hand up and down my arm.
"I'm sorry," he said, laying his head on my shoulder.
"It's ok. If it means you holding me like this, I think I want to go though it a few more times." He chuckled and kissed my cheek.
"You're strange, but I would have to agree. I like this," he said.
Riker's POV:
Rydel got up and went over to argue with Ellington. She used to be one of the nicest girls I knew, but pregnancy hormones had made her very angry or emotional all the time. Ellington was weary after all this time. I could see the tiredness in his face. He definitely was fulfilling his promise to take care of Rydel, but it was wearing him out. He always had hated to argue with her, more than the average man would with their girlfriends. I decided to help him out a little.
"Ellington! Rydel! Come here for a minute!" I yelled over to them. They both walked over to us and looked at me with tired/angry expressions. "Look, I know both of you are getting a little frustrated with each other, so I want to help out. Ellington, why don't you go home tonight, and I'll take Rydel with me. It'll give both of you some time to calm down a little. Deal?" They both nodded their heads and looked at each other.
"I'll go ahead and leave since I took my car. I'll see you later. I love you, Rydel," Ellington said, kissing her forehead.
"I love you too. Bye," Rydel said as Ellington walked off. Rydel sat down next to me. I took my arm off Lanie's arms, leaving my other still on her stomach, and pulled Rydel closer to me. Rydel laid her head on my shoulder and sighed. "I'm so awful to Ellington. I really don't see why he puts up with me."
"Rydel, you can't help it. It's all those hormones inside of you. Ellington knows that you can't help that, but he's just tired. That's why I suggested that you stay with us. That and I miss my little sister," I said, smiling.
"I love you, Riker," Rydel said.
"I love you too, Rydel," I said. She looked at Lanie then looked back at me. "I love you too, babe."
"Babe's new," Lanie said.
"Do you not like it? I can call you something else," I said.
"No, no, no! I love it, babe," she said, while smirking.
"You guys are dorks, but I love you both," Rydel said. She put her arms around our stomachs and hugged us.
Lanie used one of her arms to hug Rydel and the other around me and said, "I love you too, Rydel." I was being hugged by two of my favorite women in the world, besides my mom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So much feels. Not enough me.😍🙈
Sorry, I'm weird.
I fangirl over my own work.
Then again, if I didn't then it wouldn't be any good. It may not be anyways.
Who's ready for the Rydellington baby? I've already got his name and everything.😱
~Elizabeth✌️